Feeling off and spaced out

Posted , 65 users are following.

Does anyone feel spaced out and just numb from Anxiety. It's a weird feeling to try and describe but just don't feel right. It's like the mind has shut off. I find myself trying to remember what I did yesterday to snap myself out of it but it's tough so it's like I am getting dementia. It seems to go away when I don't think about it but as we all know that's very hard to do. It scares me so much because I think it has to be something else then anxiety and depression. It's like I have lived the past two weeks in a dream like state. I have been on Cit for 3 weeks now so hopefully this will go away sometime. I am worried it never will. sad

8 likes, 142 replies

142 Replies

Next
  • Edited

You just need to not worry and give the meds time to work.

Do things that make you happy and try to focus on other things instead of worry.

• Posted

If not worring was that easy the world would be a much happier place for us all. I know you mean well but for some (not worring) is not that easy.
    • Edited

you got that right.. I've been told by family members when I'm having a panic attack, just calm down and don't think about it but when u literally think u are about to die or something is making u feel like u have something wrong, then thats all u can do is think about it.

• Posted

How long will this feeling last? I just don't even k ow who I am anymore and questioning the meaning of life. It has been 3 weeks on Cit. Why haven't they started to work yet?
    • Posted

It can take 4-6 weeks.

again try not to over think things keep your self calm and kinda let go and forget.

If you aren't feeling normal that's ok.

I am going throught he same thing I have awhoosh in my head and feel dizzy alot I am very sensitive to sound smell and just about eveything right now.

But I keep telling myself to give it time and it will pass.

Keep reminding yourself that there isn't anything seriously wrong with you.

Positive thinking is the key here.

convince yourself your ok.

• Posted

It takes time for some meds to kick in. Continue to talk to your Doc about how you are feeling, maybe there is another med he can give along with what you are already taking. When you feel the way you do you have already waited long enough RIGHT.

Ha trust I know! But it takes time for them to start working. Just breath and try your best to have faith in tomorrow and a better day.

Good luck I wish you the best.

• Posted

Hi I have the same thing, feels likes my mind is drifting off & disconnecting. I think is called derealalisation or depersonalisation something similar to this... I know how you feel. It's all part of being stressed & is normal when suffereing with anxiety/depression. It's like a weird coping mechanism in the brain from being overloaded I think. I try & talk out loud to myself about what I'm doing that seems to help regain focus. 

I'm not taking any meds at the moment but have been told by my GP to go back on some. Urgh.

• Posted

This just can't be a panic attack. I fell asleep for a short 30mins and woke up almost in a confused state. It's like I am not even in my body. I feel scared and lost. It's like I can't think in my own body. 
    • Posted

Yes, most definitely it is.

Anxiety can make you feel like you are losing your mind and or like your physically dieing.

Go to a phsychiartis that specializes in anxiety and you will get the mental and presciption help you need.

• Posted

How can it make me so spaced out like I sm not in my body. I have been on Citalopram now for 3 weeks. I can't keep dealing with this as I am going mad. Memory issues and feeling lost. I can't get rid of this feeling of not being in my body. I feel trapped. I don't feel like I sm having a panic attack as my breathing is fine and heartbeat is slowed. 
    • Posted

Hi Yadeed

Anxiety really can make you feel like that. In fact its my most common symptom when Im at my worst and youre right its awful. It makes you feel trapped and like you are going mad. I usually explain it to people as either a feeling of being unsafe or like Im in a perspex box watching life but cant really touch it or feel it.

3 weeks isnt long on cit. I was on them 6-8 weeks before they really did their job. Abd that was 20 mg. Not sure what dose you are on.

• Posted

Please refer to what I previously said and go to a psychiatrist to get help.
    • Posted

Hi yadeed ive got the same feelings really bad atm as I write this i feel like i cant tgink like my brains mushy and cant think and I feel floating my legs dont seem like mine. And I feel confused too im scared im fading out
    • Posted

that may be a sign of early dementia, watch yourself. If u lose more chunks of time, be worried and get help even if it's online. 

• Posted

I mean lose chunks of time in the middle of the day. when i had depression + Anxiety. I wasn't even a person i kinda just drifted like this for awhile until i saved myself from myself lol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.