Feeling off in Mornings

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone has real rough mornings? I had been on 20mg for 2 weeks and now upped to 40mg for a week. I have a few hours a day I feel great but still mostly down. My toughest part of the day is in the mornings. I feel really down and hard to get out of bed. I also struggle to realize where I am almost a confused state like I am in a dream. I can hear my coworkers talking around me but its like I am not here. I am sitting here trying to snap myself out of it but just feel anxious and like this will never go away. I just took a 0.25 of Xanax so hoping it goes away shortly. I hate this feeling. Will this go away? Anyone else experience this even after being on Cit for 3 weeks total

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I think it depends on each person. Some people feel worse at night. I'm like you, mornings are the worst time for me also. 

It will go away. 3 weeks is a very short time to be expecting big things. Some people do feel improvements in this short time but for the majority it takes quite a bit longer.

The fact that you have a few hours a day where you feel great is saying that you are recovering. Your medication is helping. 

I'm at weeks 8 on mine and just starting to feel changes that are giving me hope.

We are all different but it does seem to me like you have nothing to worry over,your tablets are having the right effect. Just give it time xx

• Posted

Yes 3 weeks is early still, and that's how it worked with me - a few hours here and there feeling good until it built up and stayed with me more and more.  Getting out of bed was my worst time too - I think it was the realisation I had to face another day.  I seemed to improve as the day went on.

That feeling of being in a bubble is normal too - you don't feel like you're in the same world as them.  You will get better, and I can see improvement from what you've said. You've got through the toughest part already of the first few weeks on the medication, so keep going and you'll find that ever so gradually you'll improve.  When you're in the midst of it all you can hardly believe it'll go away ..... but it will.

Tell yourself that you're recovering, and each day will bring you nearer to that goal.

K x

• Posted

Thank you Gillian and Katecogs. This is the first time I have been on the 40mg so it is a big change. It is just so hard to get through the day feeling like this. I dont feel panic or on edge but there is just this constant feeling of like you said in a fish bowl and spaced out. Hopefully the meds get into my system and I can be back to my old self. I have only been on the 40mg for a week as of today so guessing that is causing it. I at least can get out of bed and not feel depressed the entire day.
  • Posted

Hi Yadeed, Yeah im the same, I hate mornings, my anxiety is always at its worse, but as I write this at 23.30, im feeling really nice and relaxed, but I'll wake up in the morning and forget I ever felt so good the night before, its farely common tho, youre certainly not alone!
  • Posted

Yes I remember that when I was recovering.  I started to feel calm and had no anxiety, but felt I was in a bubble.  Eventually I rejoined the real world and began to feel tremendously happy.

K x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.