Feeling on I need some reassurance that this is part of the process.

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hello all, I have been on 10 mg now for 3-4 week and I was told this is a sub therapeutic dosage. This week I went up to 15 mg and in one day will be going up to 20. My question is this is it normal to feel this spaced out and odd? I definitely feel very medicated and everything seems very strange like I'm just not quite there. Not present. Is this a normal part of growing up in dosage? Or is this just how the medication make you feel? I am going to continue either way and I'm very hopeful this will work for my anxiety but this feeling gives me more. Thank you to all.

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Do you feel like this?  All I will say is Welcome to The Club!  Dan.

Stick with it no matter how crappy you feel and you, with the help of some wonderful people here get through it.  You must give this sticking plaster for the brain time to work and if you have a question, worried about something or just want reassurance well, you've come to the right place!

Do not worry if you find you need to increase again, this you must do to find your level.

Just remember you are not the only one to go through this, sadly, you want be the last and you are not alone!

Regards,

David

• Posted

Thank you David . I'm trying to persevere. It's reassuring to m is this is not abnormal to feel so strangely

• Posted

Morning Dan,

Far from it, you are ill and these are part of the symptoms of that illness.  There are so many people suffering from society and system caused mental illnesses now that we are more the norm.  A 'symptom', more like, of our time!  There is still a certain amount of misunderstanding and a lack of understanding with any of these, but as I have gotten better my true friends who know about such illnesses or have tried to understand think nothing of it.  It is the same old problem stick a plaster cast on yer leg or arm and everybody knows because, they can see!

I always recommend, from personal experience of course, an emergency duvet for the days you make it out of bed, but that is about it.  I kept mine in the living room and would crawl under and curl up in until the crap passed.

Remember to keep posting, no matter how silly it may seem, we have all been there.  Keep reading by all means, but do not over worry or think about everything you read because, it won't all apply to you.  We are uniqually individual and no two are the same therefore you may not get all the side effects others do nor the intensity of them.  So, anything?  Ask!

Regards,

David

• Posted

Start dose 10mg to main dose 20mg is right, you should go directly from 10mg to 20mg

Give the 20mg time to work, a further three weeks, You will most probably have a few side affects be patient

BOB

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.