Feeling out there today

Posted , 4 users are following.

I feel rather out there today, and today has seemed to gone by too slow. On top of that I feel lonely and stressed. sad it's causing a bit of anxiety. College is not helping my stress and anxiety levels at all. I'm trying to find ways to keep myself distracted but I'm having trouble focusing.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

ah i know the feeling, the good old detachement is so horrible.  i find work too doesnt help the stress and anx levels, in some ways its a good thing to keep college/work going - in other ways i think it puts extra pressure on us.  dont worry about focusing, itll come back when its ready :-)
    • Posted

Yes, the detachment feeling is very bad today. Not sure why, but not gonna question it, just accept it. Thank you! I'm waiting for that focus to come back! smile 
  • Posted

Hi Myrissa!

I feel your pain, my final uni exams start in a week! After three years of work, these exams contribute to about 80% of what kind of degree I'll come out with..! I think my body forces me into a sense of detachment with these kind of situations just so I'll stop thinking about it. But it makes it very hard to focus on study! Luckily I have a very supportive university that actually let me take my exams in a very small room smile It helps me focus a bit.

• Posted

this is the problem with the depersonalisation, its a safeguard to take us out of the situation which is causing us stress- its essential and a normal part of all of us - the problem we have though is that it doesnt at all feel nice - which makes us more anxious and so it goes round. but without it - we would be in a much worse place - i try to remember that. it doesnt always work lol
    • Posted

Well that's a good way to look at it, thank you! That actually makes sense. Probably won't always work, but it's worth a shot! Lol 
    • Posted

I'm so sorry that this is happening to you at such a young age.  You said something in your note that stuck out to me.  You said, "...not gonna question it, just accept it."  I completely know this is easier said than done. But your words do have wisdom.  Every time I try to 'make it go away', it just gets worse.  But the days when I accept that it is here, it seems to help me get through the day better.  I pray that you find a good balance in that. In the meantime, know that you are not alone.  
    • Posted

Thank you so much, Sue! It is easier said than done, but anything is possible and the times that I can do it, it is much easier. It's good to know I'm not alone on this smile 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.