Feeling overwhelmed

Posted , 3 users are following.

Not sure how to describe my feeling today OK I will start with after sex the next morning I feel like crap also with anxiety body feels like somebody tore me apart have flu like symptoms throat itchy chest feels like that I just coughed up a bunch of mucus I don't know its weird the feeling afterwards but the anxiety is hell is it me or has anyone else experienced feeling so crappy the next morning like your body is being torn in different directions or something just feeling ill I don't know if it has to do with the hormones or what but after the sex I just feel horrible can someone relate to me please or anyone out there help me out

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Sex whats that, cant remember when i last did that, pretty sure it didnt trigger the peri symptoms though ....................hahaha  your symptoms are normal for perimenopause, we can all relate to them your not going mad, are you sure your in peri though, because my libido was the first thing that went right out of the window...................ha
    • Posted

your like me then your post, symptoms can carry on for a further five years after you have not had a period for a whole year, which you have done, if your symptoms dont die down, then you possibly need HRT.
  • Posted

Hi Monique,

The only thing I did notice before I started HRT was that I was less likely to feel so hot at night if we had sex.

I wasn't enjoying it much because I was so sore but it did seem to give me a cooler night (when I mentioned it to my hubby he said well that's a good reason for you to have some every night lol).

• Posted

To be honest I don't enjoy it it's very miserable and sometimes painful it's just that my body really hurts after like the next day or so I just get these weird feelings in my stomach and then anxiety kicks in I feel like it's something weird going on and I don't have a clue what it is then I feel like the flu like symptoms that are horrible
    • Posted

Have you thought about trying a vaginal estrogen such as estrace? It doesn't count as HRT but supposed to help with the dryness and sore feelings.
    • Posted

I get the flu like feelings, its caused by a number of things, chronic fatigue, or dehydration, keep water by your bed to drink, when our inner temps rise, we dehydrate, if we dont drink then we get all soughts of neuro symptoms, due to electrolytes going out of wack, same with chronic fatigue if we get over tired, it throws our clocks and sleeping patterns out which again causes neuro symptoms, and your right it is awful never known anything like it, if anyone told me menopause was going to be as bad as its turned out to be, i would never have believed it, its like everything has been touched inside by it, every single system. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.