Feeling overwhelmed sometimes!

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hey Lovely Ladies

I do hope you are all successfully dealing with another day on this rollercoaster ride!

I haven't been on here for a while, although I do read every post!

I have started another weird journey that started with a year of shoulder pain and it seems to have transferred to a spasm in my jaw...it goes off on its own occasionally and I feel like a freak!!

Does anyone else have this? It makes e very self conscious, although I've been told you can't notice it!!

No one tells you if all these issues you face (it's like it's swept under the carpet) Where as I've been very vocal to my team of 20 to 30 year old women as I think it should be talked about, unashamedly!!

Love you all on this journey ❤️

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

• Posted

Oh my gosh yes that's me too ! It's weird you should mention it because yesterday I was driving and my face felt funny as if when I smile I can't smile straight if you know what I mean, like a weirdo I looked in the mirror and smiled but face looked the same but didn't feel it, also my jaw aches in the joint, keep looking in the mirror opening and closing my mouth ! looks the same but just feels horrible and kind of hard and creaky if that makes sense. The shoulders hurt the wrists and thumbs aswell, also my knees are painful and knotchy - there are so many horrid nasty symptoms that go with this dreaded curse I can't count , also my ears play me up too. Anxiety through the roof too Uugghh so fed up with it all xx
    • Posted

Hey Lou86

Bless you...it is horrible isn't it! Mine did start with the creaky jaw everytime I ate, so much so I tried to have loud music or the TV on full blast (the things we do!!)

But just recently the noise has gone and been replaced with an almost jerk response (when I'm cold it's worse)

It is utter madness what hormones can do but I guess it's our body getting used to the decline....I'm waiting for the next chapter, the one where we manage to relive our youth and I for one cannot wait!! 🙏🏼

• Posted

Ha ha I love your optimism ! .......I think I can rewrite the 66 menopause symptoms replacing it with 666 symptoms because I feel like there's always something wrong with me every single day - and night actually as I don't sleep, lucky if I get three hours and I'm up pacing around like a freak at 2am, making cups of tea and watching box sets like Dallas and sad films, how bad is that ! There is NOTHING funny about this nightmare, I'm in third year of surgical menopause and it's not getting easier. This club seems to be getting more members every day ! Poor us xx
    • Posted

666 👹......Perfect number to describe this never ending nightmare of symptoms!!

I'm the same at night and unfortunately my wardrobe is growing and my bank account diminishing!!

The sad film thing I can relate to and I end up looking like an Alice Cooper tribute band.....not the greatest look when you feel crap already!!

Sending you love and good vibes to get through the day/night ❤️

• Posted

Ha ha ha love the Alice Cooper comment, I also watch really scary things aswell and frighten myself to death , wish I knew why I do that......hubby gets up and says 'what's wrong you you you're not normal ' ......alright for him led there peacefully snoring through my agony, they have no idea. I get into bed and go to sleep for what I think is hours and hours and then wake, look at the clock and hey it's 2am ! Wide awake so have to get up.........thank goodness we all have each other here, don't know what I'd do without all my lovely friends here, thanks for being there and take good care of yourself xx
    • Posted

You too lovely!

And I'll probably be here at 2am if you need to chat.

We all have each other to support us, Men just see in black and white and want to fix things and they cannot fix this, so get angry, not at you but at themselves.

Stay strong 💪🏻

• Posted

Thank you I might just do that. Hubbys always saying I'm not wired up right ! If only they knew, you're right though they only see black and white......speak soon probably in the early hours ! Take care xx 💜
  • Posted

Hi Marley,

I only sleep a few hours at night too. I get a new crazy symptom every day. I am the docs office now with the worst anxiety ever. It takes my body so long to come down from it. I'm shaky, nervous, and then when I feel discomfort I panic leading to the heart palps. Makes me just want to stay in my bed all day every day. The dreaded part is, I'm just getting started with this stuff and can't imagine having to go through it more years. I am grateful for this forum and you lovelies as I would have lost my mind if I didn't have you all to vent to, share my expierences and ask for feedback if anyone has felt the way I do. I should change my name to ER queen as much as I go when I panic.

• Posted

Hey Jamie

I tried to suggest a book for you to read but it got moderated!

It is an amazing book that will really help you with all the feelings of anxiety.

Sorry it got moderated.

😩

• Posted

That's ok. They moderate links and things of that nature. Thank you though. I have some some suggestions for some good books to read. I will check up on them and let you know what I come up with.
  • Posted

HI Marley, I developed shoulder pain about a year and a half ago, later I noticed I had a bump (knot) on the shoulder area that HURT really badly, as you can imagine I showed it to the dr. He felt it was a result of my overdoing it at the gym, I dont think so anymore because its been there for a long time, a similar pain appeared in the back of my neck/shoulder area they biopsed it, it came back ok, but the pain is still there, now the pain has raidated down my arm, my chest area and all of this is in conjunction with perimenopause and guess what thats when it all appeared, currently, I wake up everyday with something, either tight swollen chest, either breast pain and itching or the shoulder issue, or the nausea, this has been the absolute worse period of my life with daily symptoms and even the supplements while somewhat helpful have not completely resolved the problem so yes, I totally understand what you are dealing with.,
  • Posted

No real significant shoulder pain. However, I feel my shoulders have shrunk or arms got smaller.
  • Posted

Hi Ladies, even though I haven't posted anything for some time I frequently read your posts as it helps me not feel so alone with this. My symptoms come and go generally but for the past three weeks they seem to be consistently bad. I finally decided to make a GP appointment although I dont hold much faith but when I got to the surgery my appointment had not been scheduled. I constantly worry that my symptoms are not due to hormones and that I am doomed and will die soon.I know this sounds very dramatic but wondering if others have this fear. For the past three weeks I have had severe pain in my knees and shoulder. Recently also having lower back pain. I feel constantly tired and sleep for hours on end,when generally I am pretty active and motivated. Its so frustrating. Unfortunately I am diabetic, had a heart attack when I was 38 ( am 49 now ) and have sufferred with depression periodically since the birth of my first son 20 years ago. I do not feel depressed at the moment but am worried that I may if I dont get a break from these symptoms. It really is so frustating as I dont want to spend my days sleeping as life is for living. Thank you for reading.
    • Posted

Liz. I am diabetic too and I have the same fears, here is what I would suggest, keep good track of your diabetes because while the peri stuff is highly annoying and horrible, its all due to hormonal shifts, but the diabetes as you already know is much more serious because of the numerous issues it can lead to, as far as your cardiac stuff, are you on aspirin and a statin, and do you do any cardio. I would stay very close to your cardiogist. But, since you are now 49 you are probably doint really good. As far as the feeling of death and dread, I have that pretty bad too. I am thining thats all apart of the perimenopause because anxiety and panic attacks are a big part of menopause.  I wish I could sleep more.  I agree with you that the symptoms EVERY day are so frustrating. 
    • Posted

I meant to say you are doing REALLY good with your cardio issues.
    • Posted

Thanks lennie for your words of support. I do try to keep my diabetes in control not always easy. I now have a insulin pump which makes it better. I take all the profelactic treatment for my cardio issues and as far as I am aware its all ok at present. I dont know about you but I think having diabetes does at times feel like a downward demise but compared to 38 years ago when I was first diagnosed there is progress and amazing developments. I admit I should exercise more but apart from a structured programme I am very active, I walk everywhere and when I feel ok I always seem to be doing something or other. I think that is why when the symptoms are so debilitating it is so frustrating its like life is going on around you but you are in an invisible straight jacket. Once again thank you for your support its much appreciated. With lots of love to you.x
    • Posted

Hi Liz, as far as diabetes being a downward spiral, that is the case if its not controlled/  However. here is the good news, many, many people live with diabetes for 50 years. my aunt was diagnosed in the 70s she had it for over 40 years with virually no complications, now in her late 70s she did have bypass surgery, but it may not have been due to her diabetes, she ate a lot of bacon! But anyway, I worked as a CNA in a nursing home and many of my patients had it and were in their 80s and 90s. So, its about controlling it, so cheer up. In this case, really just follow all the dr. orders and your diabetic team and you will be OK. Honestly to me perimenopause is worse in terms of the 66 symptoms and more that we have to deal with. literally every day there is a new issue, and I did not realize that things that were pesky are aggravated by menopause.  You will be fine!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.