Feeling really bad

Posted , 8 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

Hi again sorry to keep on but feeling really bad today started the increased dose yesterday from 20mg to 40mg after having success for about 11 wks on 20mg I have suddenly gone backwards I am blaming it on a relocation move that we are going to do but can't understand why this is happening to me. I am so very scared that I will never get better has this happened to anyone else and did the increase in meds help and any idea how long it took to kick in ? Thanks

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

these may be questions you might want to ask your doctor or nurse. do patients say or seem to get better after a bigger dose. does your pill not last all day or just not work? Do you need a different pill? Some patients have reported weight gain after stopping this medicine.
    • Posted

Well said ! Good questions also everyone is different I was quick to respond to cita but not everyone has same recovery pace?
  • Posted

Hi Linda

I have been on 20mg for 4 months and still get setbacks/energy surges as I like to think of them as. I have had the option to increase dose but am trying to manage with accepting, not fighting it and just getting on with life ( very hard at times) . Just to say the setbacks do eventually go my last one just starting to subside after 5 days which is an improvement from 2 weeks before. Some people say that after a energy surge great improvement is made. When I increased from 10 to 20 mg took about 6/8 weeks before noticing difference. We all do what we have to do come to terms with this anxiety but we will get there hundreds do x

• Posted

I got increased on 23rd May. A week later I had a couple of days were I felt like a zombie but that might have been because I had a cold. I'm on week 4 now and feel so much better.

(think I've replied to you before)

Motivation has returned and I'm getting there. My problem was cba with chores. I started in 5 minute chunks, you have an achievement for the day.

Usually takes 4 to 6 weeks for anxiety/depression meds to kick in. Stick with it

• Posted

Hiya i have been on tablets for 6years and still had really bad days and really good i think you need to find the right tablet for you and stick with it stay strong. Iv gone mad again really manic but thats due to going cold turkey but im gonna get through it im staying strong this is my body and im going to controll it if it kills me. Hope u feel better xxx
  • Posted

I increased from 20-30 a few months ago. I wa son 20 for several years. Then had a big change in life circumstances which caused my anxiety to skyrocket. It took definitely 6 wks to feel better and side effects to go. Still have the odd anxious moment, usually if something out of ordinary happen or about to go away etc. but i just handle it with natural stuff and remember it's not a big deal and it will pass. Which it always does.
  • Posted

My husband and I have made many moves over our 40 years.  Some of those moves I was not too thrilled over, but I went along with it, and didn’t tell him, I tried to have a good outlook, and as worried as I thought I was, it all worked out for the better!  Yes, I missed our friends and family, but also made new and wonderful friends, and we always had lots of visits.  One of our moves was out of Country, to a place we didn’t speak the language, but it turned out to be the most wonderful experience of our lives!  Now I wish we were still there!!  LOL  The funny thing is, I still think in that language at times...and I start laughing! 

Things will work out for you, just try to think positive, I don’t know if you go to church, but find a new church close to your new home, if you do, try the restaurants near you, go the the farmer’s markets and weekend festivals, anything to get out and do things together!  I promise, you will be ok!!  Find a new hairdresser, go get your nails and toes done, do things that make you feel good, and happy!!  I really do wish you all the best of luck!  And I hope the higher dose works for you soon!  I would still keep in touch with the doctor, so they can monitor your progress.  God Bless you!

• Posted

Thank you so much for such lovely & positive post. I will really try and adopt your attitude with regard to positively. I know I am being paranoid about the move and it will probably be the best thing for me and I know my husband really believes this. So thanks again
  • Posted

Just wondering why you increased if you were having success on 20mg?

Recovery usually comes in waves, so you will feel like you're going backwards occasionally.  Increasing a dose will give you side effects again and you have to wait for these to settle once more.  Relocating could have triggered it, but I suspect it's the increase.

Increasing a dose doesn't make you better any quicker, and doesn't mean the meds will work better for you.  A lot of people find 40mg is too much for their body to cope with.

Whatever dose you're on, it will take time.  You can't hurry recovery.  A larger dose won't make it happen any quicker, and whatever dose you're on you will go through the up and down process.

Personally I'd stick with the least dose you need.  Why take more than your body needs?

You need to stay on one dose for many, many months before you can tell if you need to increase or not.  It can take 3-4 months before even starting to fell any benefit and it can be 6 months before you feel really well.

K x

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up