Feeling really down

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi ive been feeling really down over the last week well over the last 4 months really after being told i have gallstones and now have to have surgery on my gallbladder. But over the the last week ive been feeling so down and it has been getting worse. Im just so sick and tierd of being ill for this long and waiting for long for surgery. I just want my life back i was crying all day yesterday and the day before and its now starting again today. I already have depression and anxiety so being ill has really made this alot worse. Some days it feels i can handle it even with the pain there but over the last week and 2 days have been the worst ever, ive been so upset all the time i keep thinking the worst is going to happen aswell. My pain meds are not working very well and im on meds for depression and anxiety and there not working very well. I still feel so down all the time and i even have people who help me with this but they are of sick at the moment sad Since being ill it has taken over my life and has made everything worse. I was doing a little better before all this happend but being ill for this long and the waiting to get better is just making me so upset now. Sorry for going on about it for so long how does other people deal with this and what kind of things do you do to get through it any advice please would be nice thankyou x

2 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Sorry to here you are feeling this way, wish I could be done help towards you, but I don't have the answer as I feel the same way, I too have got to have my gall bladder removed, some time in march I think, and also iv got to have a opp on my knee any time now, just waiting to be called in, I stuffed blood clots on my lungs over a year ago, which was not picked up by my docs who seem to think that it was all in my head, when the hospital said I'd got them in my lungs I was very looky to be alive as normally kills u ( thank you docs.... not..) still in pain as for some reason this caused the prob with my knee, and y now o need a opp... I don't work due to ill health, but ha ho and people say life goes on, but it's alright for some one to say that when they don't live with depression, and how it effects your life, iv been put on mirtazapine to help me sleep and with the depression, I'm sleeping better, but my depression is still here, so iv got to just keep going in the hope I'll feel better tomorrow.... I do feel for you and how u r feeling, if you can keep talking about it, if that helps, or see your doc and may offer you some other antidepressants for you, that may help, Summer is just around the corner, I do hope you feel some what better then, I'm here if you just need to talk and I'll listen to you if it helps, take care and let's hope tomorrow is a better day for us both 😁

• Posted

Hi thankyou so much for your reply dawn. I feel so sorry for you aswell with all the things you have had happen to you.Ive got a appointment again with my worker who helps me with anxiety but its not until the 20th but i think they are going to put me on better meds because these dont seem to be working. Have you to got gallstones is that how come you have got to have it removed? its so horrible the pain everyday my pain never seems to go. Ive done everything the doctors and hospital have said to do and im still in so much pain. Do you get pain everyday with your gallbladder symptoms? And i totally no what you mean about talking to people that understand what your going through is such more of a help. This site has really helped me so much and i sure hope we both have better days to look forward to x
  • Posted

Oh belive me camella, iam in the same situation I had a slipped disc for last 4 months and have to say it's had my life my depression has gone threw the roof I cry all the time . I am sad angry everything I juts want my life back am finding it hard to cope

Every day I get up and the pain there and there starts my day . I go and have the injection nerve block on the 20th. And have all my hopes on that if it fails I dred to think how I cope

I hope you get your situation sorted quickly and get your life back soon .

I know how you feel it's awful

Big hugs xx

• Posted

Hi donna i feel so sorry for you and i totally understand where your coming from. Its like you get up in the morning and the pain is there and its there until you try to go sleep and still is bad while trying to go sleep. Im having surgery soon so hopefully this will help otherwise like you said i dont no what to do. I just want my life back to how it was before all this happened sad Hope you feel better soon and thankyou so much for your reply big hugs from carmella xx

• Posted

Carmella

I had stones several years ago and it is generally done by micro surgery where they stick three probes on in your tummy buttone another in the RHS and another for the camera. They put you to sleep and when you wake up again they return you to the Ward for about a day, then off home you go.

I had the chance of only one hospital meal the rest of the time I was fasting. All is very straight forward. With me they lost the stones inside of me.

Get your Stones after the Op they make interesting jewelry

BOB

• Posted

Hi thanks for the reply. was you in alot of pain before your op? and did you have alot of gallstones? do you feel alot better now after having the surgery? from carmella 
    • Posted

Yes it was very painful and generally the operation is undertaken straight away. 

They dropped the stones and the Consultant was very annoyed with the Surgeon. I was expeting them to take home. There may be less invasive treatments not I had my whole Gallbladder removed as standard practice.

The pain after the operation was not too bad if I remember, they operated in the night I had a breakfast then lunch then I was returned home. for tea

Where they had punctured my trunck yes the was some soreness like any operation and I did notice some pain into the bladder area ??

Good Luck

BOB

• Posted

same here im in so much pain at the moment with my gallstones and gallbladder the pain is all the time. I get it upper right side which radiates to near belly button and lower stomach now and also radiates to my back. I also get very tired to the point i cant stay awake sometimes and very weak, almost like flu type symptoms.I am scared about the surgery but i cant wait to have it done so i can start to feel better as i hate feeling so ill with this gallstones and gallbladder. Im happy you feel better now. Could you eat normally after the surgery or did it take a while to get back to normal and how long did it take you to recover? 

from carmella

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.