Feeling really fed up 10 weeks post op

Posted , 5 users are following.

10 weeks ago I had what I thought was an anterior and posterior prolapse repair with sacro spinous fixation. I then had several infections including a readmittance to hospital with a severe kidney infection. My gp then decided that 6 and a half weeks post op I was ready to go back to work on full time hours and with no amended duties....which would've been fine if I wasn't on my feet for 9 hours a day in a physically demanding job!! Last Wednesday I was called back to the Drs as my bloods showed anaemia the gp revealed that my bladder prolapse was never dealt with during surgery (I suspected it hadn't been dealt with) and that it is still prolapsed!! My surgeon gave no reasons for not doing it and during my discharge no one told me what they'd actually done!! My surgeon is refusing to see me until November despite my gp pushing for an appointment sooner and an explanation!! I'm just so fed up and feel quite abandoned!!

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

So sorry and can sympathise a bit as I've just had a posterior repair which was going well until I developed a urine infection and had to have antibiotics. Saw a doc finally today who says I have scar tissue issues and that I may need an anterior repair now too. I did ask for both posterior and anterior to be done at the same time as I knew there was a problem with both but consultant and previous doc didn't listen! Now looking at possibly another op in around six months! Feeling a bit down but trying hard to stay positive and have a wee holiday booked to try an cheer up! Sorry to be a moan!
    • Posted

Don't worry about moaning I totally understand, im just so cross that I signed the consent form for the anterior repair and had been using a pessary ring for a year because of the bladder prolapse!! We're going on holiday in 3 weeks and that's what's keeping me going as the last few months have been shocking!! Give yourself something to look forward to
    • Posted

Just wish doctors and consultants would really listen to us! My doctor was male and so was my consultant and they just didn't get it it! New doc is female and she is brill! Will make sure I ask for her in future. Hope you enjoy your holiday! Xx
  • Posted

So what anterior and posterior repair was actually done if it wasn't bladder? That is extremely frustrating. I would be livid! So sorry to hear of this. People don't realize how much this type of discomfort and health issue affects our daily lives and mental state of mind. I can only imagine your pain. Hang in there and just keep calling and pestering them until you can get an appointment.
    • Posted

They did the posterior repair and the sacro spinous fixation but for some reason that only they seem to know they didn't touch the bladder!! The hospital have been shocking throughout and won't give any information!! I was meant to have pelvic physio tomorrow but have had to cancel and I'm so tender and uncomfortable down there I don't want anyone touching me!! I waited so long for the surgery that I just feel so let down
  • Posted

My sympathies to you all.  I'm sorry to say i am 9 months post op after having anterior, posterior and perineum surgery last Oct 2015 (in the UK).  Took me years and years to take the plunge after seeing many consultants.  The post op pain is indescribable and recovery in general so tough.  I'm glad i waited until after i decided to leave my job or else would have been on the sick on and off.  I'm seeing a physio before perhaps more surgery but it has been so difficult getting seen at all.  My problem is i have another cystocele and the dragging and pain from the bulge.  I do some housework or other activities and am heading for the sofa.  Some days are worse than others and emotionally i get quite down as i'm a very active person.  Also i feel for my husband, family and friends cos that is normally my number one conversation.  I wish often i could go back pre surgery.  I know that further prolapses can occurr but mine was 8 1/2 weeks post surgery.  Such an intimate part of us and it makes you feel so abnormal.  I wish you all well and that we all reach a point that we're comfortable and get on with our lifes.   
  • Posted

This sounds dreadful. Are you in UK?   You should be seeing a Urogynaecologist,not just a gynaecologist.    6 weeks post op and back to full time work seems a bit harsh.    Make sure you have a list of questions for your consultant on anything you are upset about or just dont understand.  You need answers.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.