feeling relly fed up

Posted , 7 users are following.

5 weeks since op and feel a lump in my vag and always feeling pressure in my bottom....Always worried when I open my bowels,hoping it will be loose even though I am eating enough fruit and veg to feed a small nation! Have had a couple of short trips to the shops where I have had to sit after a short while and have walked down the road twice. No wonder I am putting on weight. I am also full of wind! How attractive!I am trying to be patient but I just want to be normal again..Went to doctors yesterday and am having more blood tests to check my thyroid as I am very pale and look knackered and feel it!   Help ladies...especially Matron.......

0 likes, 30 replies

30 Replies

• Posted

Hi eve i know how you are feeling I'm just over 7 weeks now and they think i now have thrombosed hemorrhoids as well as a stitch that's digging in. But as matron has told us many times it is major surgery and its still early days but we do get impatient and so fed up dont we take it easy hope you get results soon x
    • Posted

Hi Karen

Its a weird thing...one day you feel ok and the next you just feel awful...Frustration kicks in and the brain tells you to do more but the body says no!  I do nt have a check up at hosp until June wh.ich is far too .long to wait so I will ask the doctor to have a look soon! It  soundslike you have had a tough time too! Thanks for the support I think I would have gone mad if I hadn.t found this forum,   Good luck xxx

• Posted

Hi Eve, I'm five and a half weeks after TVH  and anterior and posterior repairs. I know what you mean I still feel like there is a lump front and back and lots of pressure before a bowel movement. I trying not to worry but it's hard. I suppose it is early days but it's difficult not knowing what the end result is. i think we just have to be reassured that lots of others have been through the same from what I've read X 
  • Posted

Hi eve, even though I have my ant repair on Monday and haven't experienced the op yet matron will tell you that its still early early days. You will have days where your tired

And days where you feel good.its a good thing to check your thyroid and also the iron levels too hun. I have been on this fan forum for months now and I've read so many times that it can take up to

12 weeks to feel normal.. I'm not looking forward to the recovery as I casnt sit still. Any thing you can tell me about the ant repair? Feeling nervous if I'm honest😢😘😘😘😘 lots of love eve.

• Posted

Hi Welsh girl

I had a cystole  (bladder prolapse) with mesh repair using pigs bladder!

I just go with the flow...do a bit, then sit down...I have only walked a short way and it amazes me that some women can walk for miles but then I wasn't very fit before!  I am the sort of person,like you,who cant sit still normally but blood test on Thursday to check my thyroid because i generally feel knackered and am very pale. I am 60 as well so that doesnt help!

You will be fine,dont worry...I have had this done twice but last time was just stitches and it didnt work....but didnt hurt either.I only had pain on the first day after op...the rest is discomfort. I am going to Spain in 5 weeks to treat myself to a little holiday. Good luck you'll be fine xx

• Posted

Hi eve,could you wee OK after the op? The catheter fears me hun.xx
    • Posted

The catheter didn't hurt me. Had to do 3 wees before I left hospital. First one was sore but ok after that.....You sound like me welsh girl...I was terrified but although its been a long 5 weeks I am weeing normally. I had so many UTI's before op now I wee from much higher up than before! The smell was the thing....I hated it...like a stinky discharge but that is going now....make sure you have lots of fibre...constipation is a killer!

Hope this helps x

• Posted

Hello eve. Sorry but for some reason I didn't get a notification for your post. You are 5 weeks post op, probably nearly 6 weeks now and you are feeling exactly as I would expect. You just have to take things slowly even though it's tedious and boring but that's what your body is telling you to do. I remember at around 5 weeks every time I looked in the mirror I could have cried when I saw how ill I looked because this surgery knocks you so much. As for the wind that's common but there's over the counter meds you can buy. Buscopan is very good and there's also Windeze. 

Have you had your results yet from your blood test?

• Posted

hiya Matron

I am having blood test for thyroid this Thursday but had a multi nodular goitre that was operated on in 2004  so only small bit of thyroid left. Today I have a sort of migraine,indigestion and yucky feeling...I take omeprazole for indegistion but have always suffered with it. Because my UTI's used to start like this i always wonder if its that ! Anyway I feel like a true hypochondriac!!!

• Posted

You've certainly had a lot to contend with eve but honestly things will get better. And no you are definitely not a hypochondriac and any sign of a UTI straight to your GP! Xx
  • Posted

Hi eve this notification went to my spam? I feel exactly the same as you do pressure in the bottom and lots of wind which builds up during the day. 9 weeks tomorrow getting fed up now that there's been no improvement over the last 3 weeks. I was also told might have thyroid problem as my heart rate kept dropping after the op, I think it might have just been the morphine having an effect on me. Sorry to hear your still feeling rubbish but on the other hand I'm glad that I'm not the only one and that its normal because you can't help feeling worried and paranoid when your sitting around all day. Hope you feel an improvement soon xx
    • Posted

Thank you snuscoob....I too take heart that I'm not the only one...I dont know how paranoid I would have been without this forum.....at least we all understand each other! Lets get well soon xxx
  • Posted

Hi Eve, four days post op, posterior repair, plus laparoscopic ovary removal.

The pressure from wind alone is awful. Also piles plus fissure, and constipation, I am impacted, no bm yet, have taken lactulose, dulcalax and movical sachet this morning, so hopefully something will work today.

But, the pressure, oh I know exactly what you mean.

You are not alonerolleyes

• Posted

Plenty of oranges hun,peppermint tea is brilliant for wind,also for digestion.😘
    • Posted

Also too much ofoverr counter bowel meds will slow down your system.just as bit of advice hun.xx
    • Posted

Just need to have the first bm since surgery, then my diet will take over.

I normally have an over active bowel, it's the anaesthetic that has affected me as I'm sure it does with everyone.

The fridge is full of healthy food, don't feel like eating at all.

GP prescribed meds, it's just a waiting game! X.

• Posted

Plenty of fluids lovely to get things moving through. It will also flush out the anesthesia. Xx
    • Posted

I can wee for England, loads of fluids.

Are you feeling less worried yet, it's just something that has to be got through, and you'll soon be on the other side, and recovering.xxx

• Posted

Well done!! I said to myself that I have to do this so stop worrying.

I hsvea brilliant surgeon, and I know I am in the best hands for this surgery.

The only think that I'm squeamish about is that tube in the bladder. The thought of it😬😬

Can't stop this thinking of how It will feel.I'll find out soon😕😘😘

• Posted

The catheter wasn't a problem. Really I couldn't feel it.

Didn't bother me at all, and the bag was hooked on the side of the bed, below the mattress, so I could lift it off if I got out of bed.

When it comes to it, you probably won't even be aware of it.

And no problems at all when it came out, it's a tiny balloon that deflates and you can't feel it coming out.

• Posted

Thanks Carole for your thoughts and feelings.. I promise I won't worry anymore😁😁

Are you walking around the house hun?xx

• Posted

Try a couple of suppositories if no luck today carole x
    • Posted

Yes walking round a bit, sitting  for meals in a comfy chair.

Going upstairs for a lie down for an hour or so.

Then repeating all of above, like Groundhog Day.

Pain is nowhere near as bad as I thought it would be, more discomfort.

You'll be fine love. In two weeks time you'll have it all done with, and just pace yourself.

Just the boredom to deal with, but that's only a minor inconvenience.🙃

• Posted

Oh I will.

Now a task for you.

Come back here four days post op, and tell other worriers not to panic, and that you're doing well!

Will be thinking of you on the 18th-- it's good to talk.😊

• Posted

I will😁😁😁😁😁 I'll do it day 1 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.