Feeling rubbish and lost

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi Ladies,

I am 46 yrs old and entered into the peri in march this year! since then i've had good and bad days. Today is a bad day feeling worthless!!! 

I have had the mirena coil put back in oct 10 this year due to this horrible flooding i have been having. I am on my monthly at the moment and been bleeding for 11 days and i am feeling drained and my hormones are all over the place. My bleeding slows down then starts back up again. Does anyone know if this normal?

Thank you

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

hi Samantha I was the same I went from not having a period for 5 months then came on and was flooding for nearly 2 weeks then it stopped for around 3 days then again whoosh it started again and this went on for several months until I couldn't take it anymore so I went to the doctors and he put me on HRT to regulate my periods then after a year I was taken off the HRT and had blood tests and was told I wouldn't have another period but I went 8 months and had another period now I have gone 6 months again with no period so hopefully i'll not have another one.lol  

• Posted

Hello Samantha 

I have the same as you and from what everyone is saying, this is normal. 

You mention feeling worthless, these are the hormones ‘speaking’, not a reality. Have you tried some kind of meditation/taking 10 mins for yourself when you feel like this to really understand that hormones are affecting how you feel and that you are not worthless.

Hormones are powerful and it’s hard to overcome their control sometimes but you’re own private thought time to acknowledge that it is hormones making you feel this and it is not a reality and you are very worthy! I have found this really helps. 

If it continues you should speak to your dr for help.

Best wishes

Zoey

Hope you feel better

Zoey

• Posted

Thank you Ladies,

I walk alot, and always listening to music so this helps. 

I will visit the dr if this bleeding doesn't slow down. 

Many thanks for your messages. 

• Posted

My sister was bleeding all the time so the dr put her on something for it to stopped or at least be more regular.   Feeling rotten and lost is common with me and I know it's hormones.   Just be good to yourself-- keep up with exercise, drinking water and eat foods that are good for you.   I can get things accomplished but it takes me twice as long and some days I need to nap or get to bed early which is OK.  You might want to look into vitamins.  I take iron a couple times a week and then Vit D is great too.

• Posted

Hi Samantha, yes all normal been through this few years ago heavy bleeding and clotting..always get your iron levels check as they can get low and make you feel terrible,mine was haemoglobin 9 when my Dr found out and give me iron injections..it will be like that for sometime then you will start missing periods as time goes on until the finish ok..you will be fine. 
  • Posted

All I know is nothing is normal in peri. It’s just awful. Hang in there. Praying for good times and great health on the other side. 

I felt the same as you, but a year later I don’t feel worthless anymore. So better days ahead.

❤️

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.