Feeling scared

Posted , 5 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

Hi everyone,i got diagnosed after having a colonoscopy 2 yrs ago and was great for about 12 months,only had antibiotics once but take fybogel twice a day. ive been having mild symptoms on and off now for a few months,i will be ok for a few days then get mild pains in my right side like before, and have to visit the loo several times with loose stools in the mornings,ive always found it odd that my pain is in the right side and when i saw the doc this morning he said lets have a ultra sound of your lady bits,im now scared i have Ovarian Cancer as he asked if i got bloating which i do occasionally.I also was diagnosed with over active bladder 12 months ago and this seems to get worse when i poop more,does any one else suffer from this? Any thoughts would  be appreciated.

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Stay positive, I get bloating also but I know it's from certain foods like carbonated drinks, pasta and overeating so I try to drink/eat those in moderation. My diverticulitis pain was in the center below my stomach, everyone is different. I usually take a probiotic pill dialy for a few weeks to help the loose stools.

• Posted

Thanks for that,i am currently taking a probiotic,i have this pain on and off but it was the loose stool and lots of trips to tthe bathroom that made me go see the doctor,i just happened to mention the peeing alot and thats when he mentioned the Ultra sound scan,i am a worrier and drive my husband mad,i just hope my appointment is sooner rather than later,the waiting is the worst and my mind works overtime.
    • Posted

Linda, my pain when I have a flare (infection) is in the exact area as yoursd  n is horrid deep and like labor pains!
  • Posted

Your doc is just trying to rule out certain things. Have they offered you a ca125 blood test for ovarian cancer? How old are you? Did they do a stomach exam? Even if you are in the age range of over 50 for this type of thing and they find a mass it most likely to be a cist or a fibroid and not cancer.

Try not to look at the Internet as they say you are only 3 clicks away from cancer

• Posted

Hi there,no blood test and yes he felt my stomach,m just a worrier ,I know about doctor Google but it's hard not to,thanks again I will try not to think about it although I'm peeing about every hour which is annoying.

• Posted

Try not to worry. I do been there got the t shirt and most thing you worry about is unfounded. If they had concerns about this they would give you the simple blood test ca125. I worry but I'm a Virgo lol

• Posted

You have Ovarian Cancet now or you had it? Maybe some of your meds makes something with bowels worse . I haven't found a fiber that works with me good yet ! I need one I know the probiotic makes me nauseated does it anyone else ? I hope eating white beans are okay .

• Posted

No just getting checked because of  peeing all the time,bloating and having loose stools alot of the time even though im on Fybogel and pain in my right side.im hoping its just a precaution.
  • Posted

Hello, I started with diverticulitis in November; I was in sever pain and at that time I did not know what was happing until I was told it was diverticulitis. At first the pain was in the lower right side and progressed to the lower left side and from time to time I still get a mild nagging pain on the right but today its on the left and I am still trying to learn about diverticulitis and I find this site a good place to ask questions.

You may be able to help me if you would. On leaving hospital I was given lactulose to take twice daily and it works and I have been taking it since but in the last few day its been giving me a real bad tummy, my question is about Fybogel if I took Fybogel  does it do the same as lactulose in making you go to the loo and perhaps stop the my tummy pains.

• Posted

Hi Thomas,my pain has always been mainly in my right side even though i was diagnosed with diverticulosis in the left.Dont know if Fybogel and Lactulose are the same,Fybogel is made from Isphagula husk which is a  natural soluble fiber which is good for avoiding constipation and diarrhoea,i just wondered if anyone has the same problem with wanting to pee all the time as i do when im a little loose.
  • Posted

Like others, I too find the more bowel movements I have, the more bloated I feel, and the more I need to pee.  I am also more susceptible to bladder infections and thrush, despite my best attempts to stay clean.  I suspect this is all part of managing Diverticular Disease.  I was tested for diabetes and my wee cultured, but nothing untoward showed up.  So I think your doctor is covering themself, by being sensible and extremely cautious in ruling out the possibility of something serious.  So please try not to worry.

Lactulose is a form of sugar used for softening stools and treating constipation and should not be taken by diabetics.  Fybogel is a natural husk, which bulks and softens stools and acts as a mild laxative.  Different products doing a similar job.

• Posted

Hi Felnia ,that does put my mind more at ease so  thank you for that,I also don't show infection in my urine but the feeling of wanting to pee nearly every hour is horrible,worse than all the other symptoms that I get at the moment.😟When I asked the doctor if the divi should affect my bladder he said no but then he doesn't have it .

• Posted

Yes, sometimes I want to go every hour, and other times I can go 3 or more hours.  Some nights I am up 5 - 6 times and on others, just 1 or 2.  I'm on blood pressure medication which does makes me go more slightly more often in the morning.  This post has made me think I might have a tendancy towards an over active bladder - something I might raise at my next annual review. 

I've long thought that GP's don't have sufficient in-depth knowledge of the various problems and side effects this condition has. (How can they possibly know everything about everything)?  They have the bog standard (pardon the pun) NHS line to follow, but one size does not fit all as users on this Forum show. 

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up