Feeling sick and gagging

Posted , 2 users are following.

What do ppl take for there sickness or you just let the tablet do there job. Feeling not good.

Kinds regards

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I just increased my dose from 50mg to 75mg three days ago and i'm getting the gagging like you. It's due to increased anxiety side effects. Some people take a benzo prescribed by the GP in the early stages. They work very well, but you need to be carefull with them because prolonged use leads to addiction and reduced effect. I have limited them to one 2mg tablet of diazapam when I am feeling pretty anxious and have only taken 6 tablets in the last three weeks. I'm feeling rough today, on day three of the dose increase but haven't taken one so far. I'm trying to hold out.

• Posted

I don't get gagging but do get churning ~ or rather, I did. GP gave me 10mg Propranolol to take 3 times a day, and it keeps everything still. I've cut it back to twice a day without problems. Might be worth asking your doctor? While I'm still waiting for the full effect of Sertraline to kick in and for the side effects to wear off (occasional indigestion; disturbed sleep patterns), the Propranolol has been an absolute godsend because the physical symptoms of anxiety are gone. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.