Feeling sick and we'll at the same time

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've had Anxiety disorder since around Christmas last year. Since then I've had TONS of different symtoms, but I'm a terrible worrier and now I worry alot about my health.

Sometimes I have like 3-5 'normal' days then something else pops up. Today I feel sick, irritable bowels and abit fatigued. The lump in my throat is back and my damn arm pains won't go away.

I moved to the states two months ago and I haven't yet been to a doctor here. The doc back home said I have anxiety but each time a new symtom comes I start fretting constantly that it's something terrible. That just makes me feel worse.

Any suggestions on how to deal? I'm from Jamaica, I'm not used to the cold and I've been depressed for years too.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I've had smilar problems. The thing is that you cant control anxiety, it can come at anytime. The best thing you can do is learn to how to deal with it. When you have normal days, or "moments of clarity" where you feel perfect, remember how that feels. Take it how good it is to be normal for that period of time and keep reaching for that. It can really help. Also, make sure you see a therapist.

If you need anything, post on this forum or feel free to send me a PM!

Good luck and all the best!

• Posted

I feel for you I know exactly.how you feel, anxiety sucks and there are soooo

many symptoms, you just get rid of one and another comes along

There is no quick fix, keep busy exercise meds and therapy are all Ive got

Take care

• Posted

Thanks you guys, I'm new in the states and so I don't have insurance. But I'm trying to figure out how to get therapy because I can't do this alone. I try deep breathing because it's really hard for me to relax and I try positive self talk.

Maybe I'll start to feel better after I've seen a doctor and have some checks done. It's sometimes soooo hard to keep believing that anxiety can cause people to have so many weird feelings.

• Posted

have you tried online therapy? it can help.

And yeah, it's really hard to believe that anxiety can cause so much, but it can!

• Posted

I haven't tried online therapy, how does it work?

At this point I'm open to trying anything that can help me have more normal days.

• Posted

you pay a monthly fee and you are assigned a thrapist based on your problems. They might not respond right away, but they are very qualified.
    • Posted

Let me know how it goes. There are also plenty of relaxing and anxiety-helping YouTube videos that can help
    • Posted

No worries at all. Again, if you need anything, post on here or send me a PM. You are not alone in this. Please let me know if you make any progress.

Good luck and all the best!

• Posted

You should go to a doctor. Let them give you a full exam. Then diagnose you. It seems panic attacks are a global thing. Dealing with it seems to be a personal thing, meaning everyone has a different way to cope with it. Therapy that teaches cbt is an important begining but be careful some therapist are terrible. You have to honestly need to  feel comfortable with the person. I have ran into a few horrible therapist in my time. I also have had wonderful ones, the best one moved a long time ago. So go by your gut feeling.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.