Feeling so crap and anxious n depressed

Posted , 9 users are following.

hi its me again !

god what is wrong with me

ok so tomorrow will be my 5th week on citalopram 10 mgs and i feel crap morning anxiety is still here low mood and anxiety through the day intrusive thoughts and feelings and waking up in a panic through the night at times !

i feel like giving up this is not me or how im used to feeling its distressing me

keep thinking im never going to feel like me again !

0 likes, 22 replies

Report / Delete

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hey Lynne,

Sorry to hear you're not doing well.

I think it may be your dosage is too low. My Dr recommended at least 20mg. Have a discussion with your Dr to go up a dose. I've been on 20mg for many years and felt well enough to try 10mg but after a month I got quite I'll again. Once I went back up to the 20mg I'm starting to feel on an even keel again.

Hopefully you can find a good balance

Best wishes.

C xo

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

10 mg seems very low to try and help the body out and, as mentioned above, 20mg may well be the ideal dose.

I've been on 30mg since just before Christmas, having been on 20mg since September up until my dosage increase.

Admittedly, I've felt better on 20mg more than I do currently on 30mg for some reason.

Suppose everyone is different and each dose/medication need requirements depends on the individual?

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

thank you for replying

i was wondering the same if it was too low !

just dont feel me and im frightened which is making me more anxious

i was worried that it was the tablets makig me feel like this so whats why i havent upped my dose !

do you think i should ?

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up