Feeling so crap and anxious n depressed

Posted , 9 users are following.

hi its me again !

god what is wrong with me

ok so tomorrow will be my 5th week on citalopram 10 mgs and i feel crap morning anxiety is still here low mood and anxiety through the day intrusive thoughts and feelings and waking up in a panic through the night at times !

i feel like giving up this is not me or how im used to feeling its distressing me

keep thinking im never going to feel like me again !

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

It usually takes 4 weeks to kick in.

You should really be seeing results by now but it would be different for everyone.

See what your Dr says, I think 20mg will definitely help or you may need a different anti depressant .

Hope you feel better soon xo

• Posted

i have been thinking about an increase but going to wait another couple of weeks

thanks for replying xx

• Posted

I know how you feel Lynne it does work it just takes its damn time. last time I was on citalopram I didn't even notice I wasn't getting panic attacks. it took months to level out but I didn't have panic attacks for 3/4, not one. I was also different by that I mean more chilled, more confidence, helped with my self esteem in that I wasnt over thinking. I didn't notice just how much it done until I came off.

I tapered off and now I'm back on and like you it's kinda hell. I was good for weeks and its resurfaced yesterday but today I feel better. this is how it is for a while. morning anxiety is the last to go for me but it eases off. I'd say during panic the intrusive thoughts are the worst but it always passes and you get through it. maybe you should try some CBT if you haven't already x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.