Feeling so down and good for nothing

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've been so back on the track with fighting anxiety a month ago, i actually felt some euforia, i was anxious about incoming internship but that was positiv anxiety...im nearly a month on my internship, i feel so down and back into my previous "always down and good for nothing state"...im really learning slow, other students are doing far better and faster than me, i'v been criticised a lot, even tho i try to think of it as a possibikity to learn, i just have a feeling that im fooling myself, im always behind in everyithing, and have a feeling that i will never be able to work or do anything alone and to do it properly...it bothers me a lot, to the point that even that littlle free time that i have i spend worrying that im making so much mistakes, that im learning slower and far worse than others...that i wont be able to work properly in future and earn money to provide for me and my mom that is spending a lot of money on my college rolleyes im really strugglin to try and belive in myself and try to learn but its just not going so well...

0 likes, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi komar,

Look mate I am 65,have had anxiety/depression/panic attacks for the best part of 50 years,and one thing I have learned is that it is a condition that can make you think the worst about yourself,physically and mentally,Ups and downs are commonplace,and sorry to say that it won't go away easily,mine hasn't.

I'm my own worst enemy,can hate myself one day and hate the world,two days later I love life and love everybody,it's called being bipolar,although I am actually borderline.

All you've mentioned in your posting is aggressive anxiety,you should get some treatment ASAP,that's what the doctors are for,don't be in a rut over it and don't let it get firmly established.

Do what you must do,and I'm sure you're a great guy,and very sensitive,who cares too much,that's what I am,so i understand,it always hits our type a lot harder,and I could never grow a thick skin.

Get to the doctors my friend and get yourself sorted,there's no shame in tha

Regards Malc

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hello Komar,

Do you believe you are an organized person?  Do you know how to organize things within your life?  You get down on yourself quite easily, don't you?  Why? Life happens, the ups, the downs, the woe is me, I'm nothing but a low down person that can't find their way to the bathroom when nature calls.

You are an individual, quite different than other people, and when you get down on yourself, you're allowing all those different individuals to gain ground, leaving you in their wake and dust.  I do not mean to be down on you, but, you have to take some serious stock of yourself, and go for life, controlling life, instead of life controling you.

The way people take care of themselves these days by eating junk food, drinking soda, alcoholic beverages to almost glutten, sitting on the couch, not getting sun shine and proper exercise and nourishment, it is no wonder that our bodies are beginning to do what they do to our minds.

It is wonderful you are in an internship, but your mind needs more that a one direction way.  It needs stimulating, relaxing, and taken care of, as God intended our bodies to be 100% taken care of, including that thing some of us call religion, or even reflection of a good nature.

A good healthy dose of "changing one's attitude" about themselves and life, can very well go a long way.  Doctor's don't treat the problems of human kind anymore, they treat symptoms, and guess what........the problems are going to keep on, keeping on, until the problems are addressed.  And, as some have written today, they have already spent upwards to $3000.00.  And, the doctors are smiling all the way to their banks.

Get a grip on life and do yourself a favor, find out where all of these "anxiety feelings" are coming from, stop taking the medicines that are only masking your problem, and get a handle on your feelings.  No one else can, they are yours, and yours alone to handle them, either inappropriately, or appropriately.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Komar, you are not alone with these feelings.  It may take time but one step at a time and you can overcome these anxieties.  Don't worry about what the others are doing.  You are different.  Don't compare yourself with others...ever! Do the best you can.  Thank your supervisor for giving you guidance.  Work on improving based on suggestions fronm supervisor.  Everyone works at a different level.  Don't worry about the future.  Leave those perceived problems there...since they might not ever happen.  You will do okay.  You have gotten this far.  You can continue to learn and improve.  Don't put yourself down and dont worry about what others are saying who are insignificant to your growth. You are a unique human being.  Be thankful that you are learning. Seeing a therapist to get feedback would probably help you.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

hi komar i can relate to some of the stuff you said. try speaking to a psychiatrist they can help a lot and you have the satisfaction of knowing they wont judge you or speak to anyone about your problems because they would lose there job so there great to speak to. all though i havent tried it myself you could try a self help audio on youtube you know the sort of thing where you tell yourself i can do this i will succeed i will provide for my family etc. this might help you to get some confidence. and you should be proud your on a good course tell yourself you can do this and this relaxation music to remove the negative thoughts. you could also try speaking to your doctor they can give you anti depressants.
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up