Feeling so ill

Posted , 5 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

Ive just recovered from some sort of cold/flu virus and have noticed that my current symptms have gotten slighlty worse/ my upper stomach burning bruising sensation feels worse/ upper back ache/ right shouldblade ache, more sharp shooting pains where my gallbadder is . Is it possible for a virus to aggrivate a diseased gallbladder?? I have thickened walls and lots of shadows in side my gallbladder. I see my surgeon on tuesday for removal date!

Im not in severe agony...just feel more unwell than the usual symptoms sad

Last night i fell asleep for an hour then woke up with a horrible yucky/acidy/heated feeling in my upper tummy and felt Nauseaous.....felt very tender and bruised when i pressed on my upper tummy and when i pressed on the place where my gallbladder is.

Could the virus i had made my gb symptoms worse....or do u think my gb is just deterioating on its own??

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I used to find that feeling like I had a cold/flu virus was actually part of the being poorly with the gallbladder issues. Somedays I couldn't function at all, often for weeks at a time as I was so drained and so tired feeling awful constantly.

But yes I believe that being poorly with something will make your symptoms worse.  And also that it is deterioting on it's own.

Good luck with going forward.

• Posted

I get that feeling too! Just so yucky and tired like I don't want to get up! Luckily I'm getting mine out next week! Can't wait hopefully it gives me some relief!
    • Posted

Yes , the symptoms i get everyday are:

Nausea/ Burning/bruised/tender upper abdomen , also the same feeling where my gallbladder is.

uuper back aches/right back aches/right shoulder ache. Right ribs niggles. Sharp shooting pains/tugging sensation where my gallbladder is.

I feel like im burning up but no high temp. Feeling like i have a virus everyday or coming down with one.

The bad cold virus i just had seemed to make my symptoms worse sad

Its crazy...you here about all these people having a severe gallbladder attack......but ive never had one.....just the feeling of being unwell everyday.

I had pancritis when i was 17......not sure if you call that a gallbladder attack??

• Posted

The full blown attack is like child birth. I've had three natural births. I'd rather that than a gallbladder attack
  • Posted

I know the feeling. I wake up frequently like ive got flu like symptoms. I will be glad to get rid of my gallbladder. I'm begining to wonder if the damn thing will ever get removed!
    • Posted

I know hun.....its awful sad This will be the second time seeing my surgeon.....he wanted to do a endoscopy ect on me to rule out anything else that could have been causing me problems/the symptoms. But all came back clear. Seeing him on tuesday so hopefully he will give me some hope!!!
  • Posted

Just to add my bit... I had a respiratory flu for 7 wks at least. I never connected the symptoms to my gallstone stuff. But, the flu wiped me out. And if I had a bad day with nausea too I had to lie down the whole day. Couldn't do a thing. I don't know anything specific about a correlation of flu to gallstone distress. But it is always true that being down with one thing will make another illness worse.

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up