feeling so scared, anxiety or is it actually real

Posted , 7 users are following.

I've been such a mess today, normally I mainly suffer in the evening, but from waking up this morning ive had a horrible pressure on the left side of my chest, ive felt hot, my hands have been shaking, I've been extremely irritable, I just want to cry I'm so convinced something serious/life threatening is happening to me I keep trying to tell myself its just anxiety and it passes briefly but then comes back again sad just feel scared

4 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Yes Kerry it is scary but it won't last even though you can't see an end. Anxiety is crafty, and strikes without mercy. That said you can turn it around with some nice positive thoughts and being good to yourself. Treat yourself the same as you would treat somebody else you knew with anxiety problems. Have you been to GP? I know your scared but please believe me you are not alone  and everybody on this forum knows what you are going through. Tomorrow is another day and you will calm down. Sending big hugs to wrap around you and bring comfort.
  • Posted

Hello Kerry,

If It Passes Then Comes Back When You Start To Worry Again It Will Most Proberly Be Anxiety But Go Doctors A Check Up Wont Hurt Will It I No How Feel Ive Suffered Anxiety For Last 3 Months And Its Out Of Control Ive Convinced My Self I Got Cancers Etc Its Awful But Its Just Are Minds x

• Posted

Thank you both, I have been to my gp but going back again next week as the meds im on dont seem to be helping, its just so scary I hate the feeling of not being in control of whats happening. Ive posted quite a few posts here and im so grateful for the support received. I just want to feel better again
  • Posted

Hang in ther Kerry smile  Yes it's terribly scary and it will pass and then come back again.  One of the things I do when this happens (doesn't always work but it helps) is light exercising if you can.  try and think of positive things ie. family, good times, etc.  And tell yourself "it will pass, I will be alright".  In the meantime, I agree that you should go to the doctor to ensure nothing else is going on. 
  • Posted

Feel like this most days Kerry! It's horrible and I feel like it's so easy on here to tell others that it's just anxiety and it will pass and that your'll be alright but I find it so hard to tell myself this!
  • Posted

Hi kerry, i am suffering from the same feeling so i really do kno how you feel.  I have my family driven around the bend.  i am seeing a counsellor next week.  I am convinced i have ovarion cancer or some other type of Cancer.  have sympoms of alot of things.  try not to let your mind get out of control, I knoww how hard that is.  we are all here for you.
  • Posted

Thanks mags, I try to do a small bit of exercise or distract myself with something when I feel this way if I can, some days are better than others. Mimi I know exactly how u feel, its easy to give other people advice just cant seem to take it in myself. Thanks cathy, I know im the same despite my family being there I know they are fed up with the constant texts and calls with the same old worries, mines believing I have heart problems and that I may have a heart attack.im so grateful for all of your replies! X
  • Posted

Yet another bad day. So hard to try and explain, i suppose its not really directly in my chest, its like on my left side in my upper rib cage, its there constantly all day and just worsens either after eating or when i feel particularly stressed or worried. The docs keep telling me im fine i went again Tuesday but just got told i would inevitably die, but not now from what i am feeling as he thinks it is referred pain.

Why does it have to be so scary sad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.