Feeling strange!!!!

Posted , 13 users are following.

hi lovely ladies, iv been told a week ago I'm in early menopause

i all of a sudden come over all strange with srange feelings in my hands legs & feet then a get a overwhelmed butterfly feeling all over my body & then I go pale white & cold & feel as though I'm going to pass out then I feel sick!! This can happen at anytime 😞 does anyone else get this? Any advise most welcome 😥

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Yes it all started for me like you've discribed.  In Jan 2012 I was out having a meal when i suddenly felt like you. It happened again days later then continued to happen on a daily basis but don't let me scare you cos i think i became anxious with all this which of course made everything worse. My BP keeps dipping too low and i developed a low blood sugar level that can make me feel faint, but i do believe i was entering into peri menopause.  Last year i improved greatly and at the moment i only get these feelings when i'm due on a period, during and maybe a couple of days after. So i'm convinced its all down to our hormones and i think once they settle you'll either get used to these feelings or they wont come as often or if your looking it may be a one off for you.  Try not to worry as i did cos i made myself 10 times worse. Keep on posting, you'll get support from other ladies too. sending you a comforting hug x 
  • Posted

Hiya Spree!

It can be from hormones going bonkers during peri-which is most likely. If it's real extreme, checking with your doc is best before simply writing it off to peri. 

Honestly sounds like a form of anxiety attack which is real common during this time. Many of us have had the oddest symptoms and sensations that scare us, and it turns out to be part of peri.

If it really becomes bothersome, check with your doc otherwise, welcome to the wonderful world of uncertainty for who knows how long! lol!

Wishing you limited blips through perimenopause!

Annie xx 

• Posted

Yep sounds exactly like me!!!!  Mine lasts for about 3 hours and was on and off for about 4 weeks!!  No warning just up it pops!!!! I have Docs; AGAIN, this week to ask for anti nausea medication.  I just go to bed and ride it out!!! I am in full menopause!!XXX
  • Posted

Hi spree i was only diagnosed last week and same thing happened to me and i too panicked and made myself so amxious but once i found out what was wrong it was bit easier youre not alone theres so much goin on wi your body it is very scarey and being on here will help it has me immensely. Xx

• Posted

Hi spree I have exactly same feelings and the more they happen the more I panic. It started around middle of the month initially ... Ovulation time but recently it seems to be be every day and it usually happens when I'm settling down in bed for the night. I try a warm drink and breathing exercises n find this helps a little. Hope you get sorted sending big hugs ur way xx
  • Posted

Hi Spree

This has happened to me at times. Strange feelings, anxieties, feeling sick to my stomach at times feeling like I'm going to pass out. 

I will give you the best advise I can, when you feel this way take a break and do some relaxation. Tell yourself it will pass. It will Hang in there and here some hugs. 

• Posted

Thank you so much for each & everyone of you. 

I have been feeling unwell for a long time iv had all the blood tests going! & it came up with high FSH & low estrigeon, 

i get like a goosebumps feeling all over my body hands feel tinglely & strange jelly legs tummy goes over then the dizziness it's been happening since just before Christmas I feel like I can't cope with this as I'm scared to go out!! I suffered with panic attacks for a good few year but thought I was over that for the past 10 years! This doesn't feel the same as my panic attacks similar in some ways but not the same...

also so I have so many other symptoms it's to long to list like for example 

aching legs

very tired

aching body 

hot in the face like a temprture this is on & off

chest pain

breathing problems Ect...ect... List goes on 😞

iv iv had a couple of good days & them wham feeling bad again!! 😞

when will I feel better.... 

Kind regards

marie 

• Posted

Yes, I know how feeling good a couple days then bam! 

Wish there was some type of formula to tell us how long this will last. I get frustrated, like others, as to when will this all settle down. No telling. Some people have a short transistion others it takes some time. I'm simply trying to make peace with this as the last year has been the worse and I've been going through this for some time. I am guessing I'm close to the end and hope to level out soon, but honestly no one can tell us when and there are no tests to determine that.

Early last year a doc prematurely tell me I was post menopausal from blood work and at the time had only missed my periods for 4-5 months. She was wrong.........ugh! 

No sure what breathing issues you mean- have you checked over JayNeeJay's list of 66 symptoms. Very well done.

While some times I get short of breath during a panic attack, I don't know if  the chest pain andbreathing problems are part of peri. Have you been checked out to make sure nothing else is going on?

Sure hope you feel better soon.

Take care,

Annie xx

• Posted

I have had those days but you can't let it get to you. Yes we ladies are in menopause and having symptoms but you can't let it get to you we ladies have to find a balance with our bodies and mind nothing is wrong with us and no we have no disease we are just going through the change of life 

We ladies just have to accept that

• Posted

Hi Spree,

I am exactly the same, I am in the 2nd week of HRT, so hoping for some relief soon, its real scary though isn't it.  It makes you not want to go out in case something happens.  I'm doing my day to day tasks and going to work, but not putting anything else in the diary just yet as I find it all a bit scary.  Still its early days for us, so hopefully we'll start seeing some improvement.

xx

• Posted

At times I'm that way I'm not on HRT and I refuse to be put on it. I am going to do the estrogen cream for down below so I don't get any infections and cream for yeast so I don't get an yeast infection either
  • Posted

Might not be related but I've found I'm more lactose intolerant since starting the menopause - HRT makes its worse which seems counter intuitive. Would it be worth keeping a food diary and seeing if there is a connection to something in your diet? 
  • Posted

I've  had these symptoms that you describe usually middle of month but this month I have had the worst time ever.  These feelings have been constantly. On and off daily it's so scary. Even as we speak I have had a strange 'attack' which has left me with a headache n light head.  I don't know what to do anymore as it gives me panic attacks as well.... HELP
  • Posted

Hi ya just read your post, I'm perimenopausal and I have these exact feelings. I get really bad anxiety and I think I'm going to die. Nobody forewarns you of all these symptoms when going through the menopause.
  • Posted

i get those feelings to..its like tingling all over..it is unpleasant...anyone else get that ..thank you..x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.