Feeling symptoms for over a year and don't know what is it

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey everyone, for about the past year or so, I have been experiencing stomach issues along with a sickness that accompanies the IG symptoms. At first, I noticed it when I ate bad foods. Then, over the summer, I noticed it more frequently. I would have a day where I would be stressed and eat one big meal but would be bad food and then the next day, I would have headaches, low fever (99-99.5) and be fatigued. I would have changes in my bowl movements and over the course of the summer, I lost 15 pounds. I would not eat, and this cycle of sickness happened every other week. I ended up finally going to a GI doctor and had blood tests done and all my tests came back normal for the blood work. And I got a colonoscopy done along with an endoscopy as well. They said I have mild acid reflux and they put me on a PPI. This has reduced my nausea by a little bit but I still have not gotten much relief from my other symptoms like the headache and the low fevers and fatigue. I usually start off the day feeling okay and then as the day goes on, I feel worse and feel the need to just "crash" and lay down and sleep. Also, sometimes when I get a headache, I feel pressure in my nose on one side and it feels stuffy but again, the pressure is only on one side. Any advice or solutions may help. I've been going thru this for a while and I cannot figure out what is wrong. Thank you in advance,

-David

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

low fever and fatigue indicate you may have gotten some infections of and with changes in your bowel and weight loss indicate that. 

Do you have sore throat or respiratory issues ? 

• Posted

I have not. And when I went in to get blood tests (twice) all my blood counts came back normal! I would think if it was an infection it would have shown up in the blood tests right?

Thank you,

David

• Posted

The symptoms you experience- pressure, fatigue are present to some patients, others don't have them.

My Temporal Artheritis comes with the feeling if pressure on the left side of my temple, no headache.

The fever is a sign of infection. How is your throath? Do you cough?

Do you notice lack of breath?

The information/ studies about this Arteritis is still so poor that leave all the patients like us still too much in the dark.

• Posted

I do not have any coughing or sore throat symptoms. When I went in to get blood work, all my blood counts came back normal as well. Does this mean anything?

Thank you,

David

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.