Feeling terrible!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all,

I have been taking the tablets for 3 weeks and until now have felt fine with no side effects. :o

I have been so good and haven't eaten anything to my knowledge that has been really high in fat. (except the cherry bakewell in week 1!!)

However yesterday and today i have been feeling awful. I've had constant stomach pains and been feeling sick. This morn had my first accident luckily at home but still feel rough! :oops:

Im wondering whether to leave them off for a day or so??? my belly feels swollen too. I have lost 8lbs which is gr8 but im now soo scared incase this happens again. :cry:

The only new thing i have eaten is salmon, i had it with roasted veg which i thought was ok??? :?

Gotta go to a tapas bar for my friends 30th tomorrow eve and at work at 0615 the following day at altitude where i have an assesment flight!!! Do you think i would be wise to leave the blueys off??

Please help

Kaz x

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I've found that salmon is fine as long as I don't have anything with just granary bread.... I've never had an accident but knew I'd had if you know what I mean. :oops:

It can be very easy to blame the tablets for any unusual feelings so if your certain you've not had anything wrong it may be that you've picked up a bit of a tummy bug sad

I would have thought it unlikely to be a side effect of the tablets after this long but if you've any concerns contact your GP.

As for the assesment flight I think if it were me I leave thetablets for the day just to be sure and start again afterwards... the last thing you need is to worrying about the loo! :shock:

• Posted

Hey Kaz,

How big was your portion of salmon?

Salmon is high in Good Fat but as you know the tabs can't tell the difference between good and bad fat :!: The guy from Xenical MAP said a portion of salmon should fit in the palm of your hand :!: So maybe you over did the portion without realising or it could be as Twinkly said and you've just got a bit of an upset tum.

Either way, I think it's good advice to leave off tabs for the day of your assessment. Good Luck :!: :D

TTFN kal :wink:

• Posted

Hi guys,

It was quite a big piece of salmon! thought i was being good only having it with veg!!! I certainly wont have it again! felt awful yest and today! I need to contact these xenical people they seem to give good advice! anyone got the number to hand? i threw my leaflet away inside my box!

Cheers kaz x :wink:

• Posted

Hi Kaz :lol:

Definately stay away from the salmon (especially if its a monster lol) Xenical folk told me to make it 'half' the size of your palm as its full of good fat but the tabs cant distinguish!!

Its all trial & error girls :lol:

Kirsty :D

• Posted

I would definitely lay off the blueys for the tapas - tapas kill my stomach even without them!! Good luck on your assessment flight!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.