Feeling terrible

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi i have suffered with severe anxiety and panic attacks since jan of this year which involved me being took to hospital in an ambulance because of my heart racing. Since then its been a constant battle of feeling unwell all the time along with panic attacks. The past week ive felt so ill which i went to the hospital on xmas night due to chest palpitations, racing heart and uneasy feeling in chest which all checks came back normal just heart rate was fast. Since then ive felt terrible with the urge to vomit, feeling weak, exhausted and struggling to sleep because i feel like i cant breathe and i wake up as i start to nod off gasping for air and chest racing. Im so scared at the moment because i feel so terrible and my chest doesnt feel right. The hospital did say it may be a virus but my temp was normal but i have had lower back pain to. Im just looking for reassurance and advice on what to do to keep me calm because i really dont want to end up going to the hospital again and embarressing myself. Thank you.

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Moo88, I'm so sorry that you felt so bad during the holidays. I would suggest that you see a Psycologist or someone who specializes in anxiety disorder. You may have to be introduced into the world of antidepressants due to a chemical imbalance in the brain. I had the same thing you have until I found the right meds for me. Wishing you a happy new year and a very happy life ahead. It will get better I promise!!
    • Posted

Thank you for the reply. I have had 6 sessions of CBT but its been no help i feel like i need on going support. I did start sertraline for 2 days but had a funny turn off it so i stopped taking it. Im scared to try anything else now. I dont know what meds or dosage to try next.
    • Posted

I too find CBT hit and miss. I had CBT many years ago but when I was ill first time with anxiety and visited same person she was simply out of her depth in hind sight.

I really don't think CBT is fully effective when your in grips of anxiety and depressive disorder. 

• Posted

Hi 

breathe through nose out of mouth 15 x a minute 

chances are you are hyperventilating excess oxygen causes all of your symptoms 

RELAX 

• Posted

Well, there's something psychologically wrong I think. What makes you anxious at your first anxiety attack?
  • Posted

These are all signs of anxiety my friend. I have had these symptoms and many more. Don't worry and have trust in your docter. If he says you are all right then pls don't worry
  • Posted

Hi

I'm d same all d time it woke me at 2am this morn wit heart racing etc jus horrible I'm totally sick of it n its get t Jo someone else is in d same boat n I'm not going mad! Its v scaryvthough my arms go numb too do u experience tat?get t get info from others who suffer same

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.