Feeling very alone, fed up......... started night sweats and have fibroids

Posted , 7 users are following.

I just typed a long message and it disappeared sad

I am nearly 46 and it has been two years since I started feeling not myself.  I went back and forth to the Dr with skin issues, swollen ankles, nausea, dizzy etc which were all knew to me. Around the same time I started treatment for emotional trauma and continue to wonder what things are perimenopause and what are anxiety.

Today I just feel so tired and alone.  I started night sweats two weeks ago, well not sweating just waking really really hot and I have missed a period and no signs of one coming.  I have an appointment with a gynaecologist this week to talk about multiple fibroids found on a scan in December.

I have been through major worry that there is more going on, I have had mid cycle pain, on and off bloating and digestive issues and wonder whether there is a cyst (they could not see on the scan as a fibroid was in the way) I had the scan because I had a couple of periods close together.  All last year my periods were different, gushing blood, not lasting long really and not as regular as before and my GP sent me for the scan just to check but said it was probably perimenopause that could go on for years - previous to that a GP told me my FSH was postmenopausal and I was at risk of osteoparosis and heart disease but the next test for FSH was normal.

So, I have just been managing and only went to the GP just to mention the bleeding.  I feel so fed up and the last thing I want is another vague situation with these fibroids or more tests when maybe they are all part of this transition and will reduce as my hormones do (which clearly they are as per my night heat).

I guess I have lost confidence in myself and taking care until this all passes and wondering whether I am missing something important with my health - my gut says I am not but really, I feel so vulnerable.  Not one medic has really listened to the whole situation and I feel I have so much changing, with the therapy and my hormones that I just want to crawl under a rock about these fibroids or anything else and just ride this out.

My GP's havent educated me on the menopause, can't really explain anything and I feel they can only help if I have a structural issue or want HRT, which I would rather avoid.  No counselling how to manage, what symptoms will ride their course and what to be watchful of - I feel in the dark and only forums have helped.

But today, I am fed up of it all and just want to hide.  The night heat maybe heralds the end of things or a new phase as the other issues seem to have gone and I was beginning to feel more 'stable'.  Maybe the fibroids are on their way out too.

Anyone else want to just ride this out but it feels a bit scary to do so and not jump to the doctors every five minutes or worry incessantly?  I feel so fed up on taking so much energy to manage all this stuff.

Thank you for listening

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Morning Beetle,   I think the other ladies have just about said it all hear, Hang on in there, your not going mad although the many symptoms are enough to make one think they are. I never realised till reading on this forum just how many symptoms are related to peri , wish someone had explained to me when i was going through this.  Am now post menapausel not that it makes much difference except of course no more heavy erratic periods to worry about which in itself is just lovely.Im taking nothing at all.

Hugs Sue x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.