Feeling weak

Posted , 5 users are following.

Does anyone who suffers from anxiety feel weak all the time, feel like my body feels heavy and I just feel really weak, is this normal?

1 like, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Its probably exhaustion. Anxiety is extremly draining mentally and physically. Maybe try to drink a nutritional shake and take a multi vitamin and a b complex vitamin. It is draining.
  • Posted

Yes I do, legs feel like jelly, arms etc. whole body just feels weird.
  • Posted

Also wanted to add, weak but don't really want to sit down. It a terrible feeling all day
    • Posted

Yeah definitely, I feel that I don't wanna stand up, just wanna lie in bed, because I feel I'd just collapse 😣
    • Posted

I feel like I want to get into a ball and hide in the dark I don't feel anxious at the moment yet I still feel totally drained of life
    • Posted

I'm a six month old to look after too and a 9 and 5 yr old . The pregnancy brought it on but hoping it goes soon. Increased my sertraline so feeling rough as hell. Fuzzy head that really hurts. Eye strain. Dizzy. Sick. Off balance . Insomnia . Lovely !!!!
  • Posted

hi yes tired and weak, you name it most of us anxiety sufferers have it, i go to events which are stressfull, ie y day a wedding (stressful for me) then teh day after like today, ive headache, chest pains, shaking and done in, try to stick with it, but it always reappears, itshard, a strategy to cope will help hope you find one.............

• Posted

yes weak and everthing, y day i had a wedding to attend, which fo r some anxiety sufferersl  like me is very stressful, the following day  i crash, like today , headache, shaky, chest pains and unwell, i then have to cope with like an after shock, its awful and annoyingyou just have to find a way to cope, good luck, and good to hear from others
  • Posted

Yep. Suffering from anxiety is incredible draining.! I was able to "come down" a bit on Wednesday but today all I want to do is sleep. My saying re the feeling is that there's not enough of me to hold myself upright! Be kind to yourself! 
    • Posted

Nice to know am not the only one, am the same today, can't get out of bed, hardly had any sleep so that doesn't help, but my heads sore and I just feel shattered and weak
  • Posted

Hi Victoria......I can't say I feel weak but I constantly feel on edge and my muscles are always tense, especially my neck and upper back.

It's like i have to remember to keep lowering my shoulders because they are always up at my ears, which I know is causing my neck tension.

Anxiety sure I a pain.

take care

john

• Posted

Yeah I get what your saying, hoping once they've changed my medication I'll be able to live with this alittle better
  • Posted

Sound like depression too sad or if ur early into meds
    • Posted

My medication I feel hasn't worked at all😣, so I generally feel it's down to that, obviously the fact I don't leave the house and do normal things before, gets me alittle down, but I know if I don't get my medication sorted soon and get a normal life back I will end up with depression😓, sometimes makes me feel am never gonna have a life where I can leave the house again, just need to wait and see what my doctor says when I phone, hopefully she'll start me on the other medication as soon as, am determined to be able to go back out again and enjoy life☺️
    • Posted

What brought it on? How long ago? What meds you on and has it been over six weeks ? Just trying to help x
    • Posted

I passed out last July, broke both bones in my leg, resulting in needing an operation, and the road to recovery hasn't been easy, still suffer some pain, but when it happened it was fine after it, never let it bother me, then roughly around Valentine's Day that's kinda when it all started, felt really sh*t and anxious all the time, was out shopping and took a dizzy turn and ever since then I just started stopped leaving the house, it had been months before I left again, started the medication a few weeks ago, but the doctor told me they should start working after two weeks, at first I felt fine and alittle better, didn't feel as anxious, then after like 2 weeks I started to feel the same again, been feeling like it again for the past 2 weeks, wouldn't say it went away, I just had a good few days, the doctor did tell me the medication I was on might not have worked because they're new and don't really know much about it, I was gonna give myself some time until like the begging of August until I was to go back for a check up, to see if I felt any better, but I feel I can't go on anymore time with this, especially with my partner, hes always trying To invole me in things again, but it's just hard because I feel the same as I did before, so am gonna phone the doctors tomorrow, and see if I can speak to another doctor as my doctor isn't in until Tuesday's, explain everything, and see if they will try me on the other medication the doctor said she would if these didn't work, because am determined to find something that helps and allows me to do things again with my partner as its out year anniversary in September and my 19th, so I wanna be able to do things for them

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.