Feeling weird all the time. Weight gain.

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all. I'm a newbie.

I'm a 34 year old female & have been on 50mcg of levothyroxine for 6 years now. Mine came on after the birth of my 1st child. I also had a dvt in my thigh. I've put on nearly 2 stone in a year and a half. I get dizzy spells when getting up from sitting. I have the brain fog everyday which isn't great when ur sitting accounting exams. I'm tired, lethargic and am currently taking sertraline for depression. I ache all the time.

Anyone else struggling to lose weight or having symptoms above. My Dr just says my thyroid results are ok

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Could do with an endorphin rush.
    • Posted

It does feel wonderful, I felt great for a day or so after my first run, very tired but also very happy smile

• Posted

hi i too have hypothyroidism and i was running 5 day a week and doing weight training and my weight was going up and up.

I also had bad aches everywhere in my joints so i had a blood test to check my thyroid function it came back normal im on 100micro grammes of thyroxine.

2 months ago i read that lack of idodine can stop T4 hormone coverting to T3 i started taking multivitamins an the aches went and the weight starting to go down down so i know low vitamin levels can affect thyroid too i hope this helps

• Posted

That helps a lot. Thanks. I too get a lot of aches in my joints mainly. The Dr told me to take glucosamine last time I went but am thinking maybe a multi vitamin might be more helpful.

• Posted

the pains are from low vitamin d as your body needs vitamin d to absorb calicum when i had it i struggled to get out of bed the pain was that bad it felt like i had been in a car crash but now since taking vitamins i get no pains at all.

And low idiodine stops t4 converting to t3 so the thyroid meds dont work good so you get weight gain and constipation etc and certain low vitamin levels can cause weight gain too 

• Posted

What happens if you already take vitamin d but still feel crappy? I do feel a bit better after taking them for a few months but surely there has to be something else as well as I still feel tired and achey the majority of the time.
  • Posted

it could be low iodine making thyroid sluggish or low vitamin a or b so i think  you should try multi vitamins and
  • Posted

Shame I can't get a holiday in the sun on prescription wink

I know what you mean Shane about feeling like uve been in a car crash. I've had to literally roll out of bed some days. I seem to have random flare ups. Then other days have had no pain.

• Posted

try multivitamins after i went on vitamins my aches went after a few weeks and now i feel great you can get a to z vitamins 90 in a bottle for about 10 pounds and that 3 months worth i hope you get well and feel better soon

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.