feeling worried after another panic attack

Posted , 4 users are following.

Just woke up feeling all panicked, bad chest pains really felt like they were increasing and like I was about to get really really severe pains, convinced I was going to have a heart attack or something sounds silly I know, ended up pacing room not knowing what to do. Now back in bed, feel very dizzy, upset and worried still have chest pain too. I just want these feelings to go i feel so tired and fed up and see no way out from it all, I would be so so greatful for any advice or if anyone has felt this too?

Thank you xx

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

about 18 months ago I was still suffering from anxiety attacks in my sleep. No one really could tell me why as I couldn't always remember what I was dreaming about, but there were numerous times when I was woke up by my o/h terrified of what was happening. Because I never really knew of them apart from waking up and feeling the aftermath, I chose to ignore them and deal with the attacks I had in the day. I have since been on medication on an "as and when" basis if I ever feel like an attak is looming, but I can say that after a combination of medication, CBT (and an awful manager at work leaving last March I have been attack free for nearly 6 months. Deal with what you can, when you can x x 
    • Posted

Thanks claire, I feel stuck at the moment as I am so tired, but the anxiety over chest pains etc are keeping me awake, lack of even more sleep is making me feel really poorly which in turn is preventing me from more sleep, I camt win. Everything feels so real I feel so scared, thanks so much for your reply, kerry xx
  • Posted

Glad I could be of some help. Do you have an evening structure? For example, having your evening meal at a certain time, and then have a relaxing structured evening:

Not watching television or using laptop / pc / phone at least 90 minutes before going to bed. 

Have a relaxing bath / shower

Read something that isn't a thriller . horror or that would keep you awakein bed

Make a hot milky drink - hot chocolate, Horlicks or something.

There is always the choice of taking Kalms or other herbal sleep remedies if this doesn't work after a few weeks. I was told by my therapist that the calmer you are before you go to bed, the calmer you are in your sleep. 

xx

• Posted

Admittedly I don't. I find evenings the most difficult time to rekax so end up doing something such as watching a film or doing puzzles etc, I do try to eat nothing after 8pm but find warm milk occassionally helps me to drift off.

I have thought about tying the night kalms,

It just feels neverending at the moment despite tryin to help myself I would just like to feel normal again

Thanks for all your advice I will definitely be taking this all on board xx

• Posted

It is natural for people to worry about the unknown, worrying shows we care. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.