Feeling worse again

Posted , 4 users are following.

So i posted on here last week about how id improved with my anxiety and felt almost myself again,then bang came crashing down again!i then picked up for a few days from last wednesday then yesterday crashing down again,every single one of my numbness/tingling sensations are back!when i picked up maybe they were still there slightly but i wasnt obsessed about them and felt relaxed,id almost convinced myself that yes this is anxiety not ms but today im back to square one both my feet and knees are numb/ tingly my left hand and elbow are tingly and both my cheeks are numb with tingly lips/chin so now im totally obsessed i have ms and feel jittery/shaky and panicky why after feeling so much better for so long am i like this,please help kind people x

0 likes, 50 replies

50 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Sadly anxiety and health anxiety seldom dissapear on their own - not for long anyways as youve discovered.  Its good that they left for a while, but longer term you may want to discuss it with a GP inititally.  They can then help you get to speak to therapists, or offer meds if thats a route you want to go down.  But managing it on your own make work short term, but longer term - its not a thing you want to be dealing with
    • Posted

Thanks for reply,im on beta blockers,diazepam(sometimes) and mirtazipine ,i thought the balance of meds was working and have felt better for weeks,then gradually i started to feel like low mood which got tiny bit worse each day and now this,how can i feel so crap so quick after having a few good weeks,im begining to think more and more that i have ms and maybe this is relapse/remitting ,when i had those few good weeks its like id forgot to worry /panic and even put on over a sstone in weight after losing nearly 3 ,i did have a fairly stressful week last week tbh with the little kiddies x
    • Posted

And when i felt better i did have the odd tingles but then id get busy and kinda forget then think oh yeah my hands tingly again,now today my face is completely numb around my cheeks,im scared i will drop down as low as i was before with panic attacks snd meltdowns daily,its the numb cheeks that scare me the most and that had dissapeared for weeks until today x
  • Posted

This happens to us all unfortunately. We are doing well then bang, out of the blue, symptoms attack us again. I know when this happens how disheartening this is. It makes us feel as though we cannot escape but.. we can and thinking otherwise is a negative emotion and adds to anxiety.

You reached a "good " place. You will get there again if you don't let this setback...and we all have setbacks sadly....freak you out.

Stay on top of positive thoughts and determination. Stay logged in to the site for support and reassurance. Keep on top of your breathing because overbreathing worsens symptoms

Fear batters us into submission. Positivity heals us.

I send hugs and reassurance x

• Posted

So its all normal to feel like this with anxiety then?people have been commenting how well iv looked just lately,i know im just gonna be obsessed with my numb face and im scared to feel as bad as i did before x
    • Posted

Quite normal smile Interestingly you said you forgot when you were busy.

My niece has ms. You don't forget ms symptoms when they occur. Yes, with my symptoms come and go, I believe it's termed "remission" However, when symptoms in ms are present one cannot kinda "forget" them by diverting yourself with some task of other. You can divert anxiety symptoms by concentrating upon something else as opposed to what you "feel "

Hope this helps

• Posted

Addendum. I'm naturally slim but when my anxiety hits I can drop weight to alarming levels. When I get "hold " of my anxiety my weight gradually goes back to mormal for me.

Weight fluctuation is common in anxiety disorder

• Posted

Do you have a doctor that you see for this? Are you on any meds? Focusing on something Will cause your brain to go haywire.. you have the ability to cause your symptoms just by hyperfocusing on the...trust me I know.. I have caused myself shortness of breath for weeks at a time just by letting it rule my thoughts.. I have had numbness and tingling and muscle spasms because I was convinced I had some horrible disease.. when I stopped thinking about it..it all went away..I've had the test for pulmonary imbolisims.. heart disease.. cancer.. blood work for day's for everything that could go wrong..all normal.. when you feel bad and your symptoms are at there worst find something to take your mind off the issues..it might not be a cure all at first but eventually you will forget.. I crochet when I get shortness of breath and I realize after a while I am ok again.. also always best ti consult with your doctor.. we aren't doctors and can only speak on our experience.. best of luck!

• Posted

Ive been on meds for a while and was doing so well,i was doing well at not focusing on symptoms and i felt i was in control,now im back to the anxiety/symptoms controlling me ,for weeks now iv still had the odd tingle/numbness but i was handling at and at times just yhought well thank god my face has stopped being numb/ tingly then stopped think bout that particular symptom,but today out of the blue its back,its souch an intense horrible feeling x
    • Posted

Also where have you experienced numbness/tingling and have you ever had it constantly?x
  • Posted

Hi Sarah. Technically if the medication you are on is working you won't be able to collapse or get to the point you were at before therapy so no worries there. You may take a few steps back when sick or under a lot of stress, this is normal and if all is well you will quickly regroup. IF the medication and dosage you are on are adequate that is. If you feel you are worsening and it lasts longer than a week or two - you may need to go back to your prescribing doctor for an asessment. You mention taking diazepam occasionally. If you have been on mitrazipine for longer than 6 months you shouldn't need to take any diazepam by now. This would point to a need to check whether your dosage of mitraz. needs a bit of a tweak. If you have only been on M for a few weeks then it will take a while still to even out your responses. Tingles and numbness - If you can get a couple of sessions of deep tissue massage and some light activity (15 minute medium brisk walk) it may help you through this. Hope this helps.

• Posted

Hi thanku,i had been on prozac but the doc swapped me to mirtazipine on the 9th of june he started me on 15mg but doubled the dose on 21st june,i felt nearly back to normal after just 2 days off prozac and on mirtazipine,ive only taken the diazepam during the worst parts which was up to going on mirtazipine but thought best to mention everything im taking/taken just cant understand why my face is so numb/tingly after not feeling it for weeks x
    • Posted

Also 4 doctors have said i dont have ms and i was just about accepting that i dont and that this really is all anxiety,then today bang !!!obsessed about having ms x
    • Posted

You have to believe the doctors honey. All four of them cannot be wrong! You got into a "habit" mode of obsessing that you have ms and as a result common sense has gone out of the window, as it does with all of us when our symptoms are at their worst or strike out of the blue.

We all look for a reason why our symptoms are back. We hardly ever find out by the way.

So there they are again, like an unwelcome guest we long to get rid of, sigh.

So, you have to start to try and change your thought pattern. You have to keep telling yourself you don't have ms, four doctors have dismissed the possibility, you have to say to yourself, Here's that cussed anxiety symptom back again! And then you have to not add panic by letting a worm of doubt creep into your mind over ms, and keep busy, even though that's hard to do.

Diverting mind and body is a great "escape " tool

• Posted

And for the past few weeks i have been diverting my mind successfully ,ive been doing so well not worrying/panicking ive been using other ways to distract myself from thinking about ms,i have felt great but todays been horrible to the point where its taken over my thoughts all day just like it used to,i thought the meds were working so well and that the face thing was completely gone ,how wrong i was lol,cheeks are numb but kinda throbby ,lips are tingly and then my feet and one hand just tingling away x
    • Posted

Aw, honey, you're focusing upon your symptoms to a degree where you are exacerbating them. "Listening " in to symptoms makes them worse. You literally have to go with them, accept they are there but that they will go eventually if you do not panic.

I know that's easier said than done but....negative thinking, thinking you have ms or some other dreaded neurological disease, will throw you into panic mode very quickly.

Concentrate on your breathing because overbreathing heightens symptoms. In through your nose, making sure your tummy rises and not your lungs expand ( put your hands on your tummy to get it right ) then breathe out slowly through pursed lips, as though you are kissing someone, as slowly and for as long as you can. Or you can breathe in and out slowly using a brown paper bag over nose and mouth until you feel calm and normal again.

Overbreathing, shallow breathing is a big enemy for anxiety sufferers

• Posted

Cant help focusing on them,theyre so intense today,bottom of both feet tingle,3 toes on right foot are numb,right calf numb,both knees tingle,cheeks are numb with tingly chin,left hand feels tingly from tip of fingers up to elbow with 3 numb fingers,im twitchy/shaky and in panic mode from the moment i woke up this morning at 4am,the symptoms are so much worse than last time,im so gutted cos i was feeling so well until this bout of anxiety started up x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.