Feeling worse again

Posted , 4 users are following.

So i posted on here last week about how id improved with my anxiety and felt almost myself again,then bang came crashing down again!i then picked up for a few days from last wednesday then yesterday crashing down again,every single one of my numbness/tingling sensations are back!when i picked up maybe they were still there slightly but i wasnt obsessed about them and felt relaxed,id almost convinced myself that yes this is anxiety not ms but today im back to square one both my feet and knees are numb/ tingly my left hand and elbow are tingly and both my cheeks are numb with tingly lips/chin so now im totally obsessed i have ms and feel jittery/shaky and panicky why after feeling so much better for so long am i like this,please help kind people x

0 likes, 50 replies

50 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

So great not only do i have all my usual numbness/tingling feelings back,ive now got them in extra places too,anybody else have tingling/numbness in about 10 different places all at the same time?
    • Posted

LOL no...not in 10 places at once. Sounds rough. I think your nerves are just overstimulated from stressing. I still vote for a deep tissue massage. 2-3 sessions should give some nice results...
    • Posted

Dont know anything about deep tissue massage,or where to go for it,at the momemt my cheeks are numb,my lips tingly 3 toes are numb and bottom of my feet tingly,tingly ankle ,both knees tingly,left hand 2 fingers numb and whole hand up to elbow is tingly ,drivin me nuts!seen doc this mornin and she still says 99% not ms but 100% anxiety,im a mess today i must admit x
    • Posted

Iv been waitin for a neuro appointment only because i was at docs twice a week having meltdowns,anyway i have a neuro app this saturday,they just rang me with s cancellation x
    • Posted

Great! That way you can exclude anything ominous neurologically and hopefully rest your head a little. Let us know how it goes!
    • Posted

Hi yes im really pleased to have the appointment,im trying hard to not panic/worry but its difficult,im trying to also think that even if i dont have an mri i should trust whatever the consultant tells me,they are the experts after all,x
    • Posted

That's the issue with health anxiety,we crave reassurance,but we never accept it. Its a viscious circle. That's why the only way to deal with it is to address the root anxiety and not the physical problems -as there is no physical problem, our minds just convince us there is

• Posted

Anybody else have a tingly tongue with the anxiety,iv had this a few days now but havent focussed on it much cos of all my other tingles/numbness x
  • Posted

So everyday i just get worse,ive still got all my tingling/numbness but now dizzy,walking into walls a little bit vision feels wierd too,like my eyes dont work together,is this normal with anxiety?i have the classic lump in the throat back too with difficulty swallowing please lovely people help me feel better til i get to my neuro aplointment on saturday,thanku x
    • Posted

It is still possible that this is all just anxiety and exhaustion. Have you been sleeping more, less or same as usual? Have you been eating? And when is the last time you had routine bloodwork done?
    • Posted

Up from 3 am today but was in bed at 8pm just picked at food not ate a full meal for a while,bloods were fine about 3 weeks ago having palps now do think its gettin worse as appointment gets closer x
    • Posted

Sounds like it Sarah indeed. Can you think of something nutritious you would enjoy? And are you hydrated? Take sips of water, chamomile tea anything you find soothing. There is no quick fix. You have to ride out the wave. However if you are worsening so much and you can't bear it anymore, please never feel ashamed of contacting your prescribing doctor as this sounds very rough to have to deal with. Do you have any help and support at home?

• Posted

Theres no food i fancy at all,cant bare it ,been having water and fruit,i just cant get my mind off the tingling/numbness im sat at school waiting for after school clubs to finish at 4 ,im in such a mess,do you think its cos im so worked up for hospital appointment ?x
    • Posted

Hubby is home at 5 so little bit of help when he gets in,i cant even get my mind off my symptoms enough to talk to mi 3 kids that are sat with me ,i can feel my shoulders up and my back hunched so i know im not breathing how i should x
    • Posted

yes you are definitely tense...beyond tense. The fact that you are managing even barely to maintain your schedule is a good sign though. It does sound like you are just stressing over saturday's appointment. But even if that comes back clear i worry you won't find comfort for too long. Check your meds and dosage with your doctor as soon as possible. You need some relief to get back on your feet. When can you see your doctor?

• Posted

It would be next week before i could get to see doctor,i only saw her on tues and she said nothing could be adjusted or changed,i felt crap that why i went to see her then that afternoon i got the fone call from the hospital,font know if thats added to things or if i was on my way back down anyway,im hoping that if a neuro consultant can tell me im ok and its is anxiety i will believe and trust them,i have to xx
    • Posted

It would be next week before i could get to see doctor,i only saw her on tues and she said nothing could be adjusted or changed,i felt crap that why i went to see her then that afternoon i got the fone call from the hospital,font know if thats added to things or if i was on my way back down anyway,im hoping that if a neuro consultant can tell me im ok and its is anxiety i will believe and trust them,i have to xx
    • Posted

Hi,he said 98%not ms,he offered me an mri but i would have to wait4/6 weeks and we agreed this would just add to my anxiety so i decided not to ,i still feel rubbish tho,relieved also,i came out thinkin what if i didnt tell him everything but thankyou very much for asking xx
    • Posted

bitter-sweet. One thing is certain and that is that your doctor needs to review what he/she has prescribed and evaluate your current situation. I can't believe they are so slow moving sad How is the numbness/tingling now? same and constant?

• Posted

i mean the doctor prescribing your anti-anxiety meds.
    • Posted

The neuro doc said its very disappointing how little they have done for me and the anxiety ,the numbness/tingling is exactly the same,i really cant calm down ,i have an appointment tomorrow evening cos im feeling worse not better,i think i should of stayed on prozac instead of changing to mirtazapine on the 15th day by day 16 i felt so much better and had a good few days so now im back to square one i feel that it was the prozac kicking in not the mirtazipine acting quickly xx
    • Posted

Does anybody elseever feel like their nose and throat sre gonna close up with the anxiety?thats how i feel today x
    • Posted

the throat thing was my number one symptom. I always felt i was just about to suffocate sad don't miss it at all. But never did suffocate. Youu are so very tense it is painful to hear. It is disappointing that you are suffering needlessly.

• Posted

Thanku and did you feel kinda dried out in the nose? Its so hard to describe its like ive been on a plane but i also feel like both nose and throat are gonna close up ,thanks for your concern youre very kind xx
    • Posted

my nose would get a little dry and my mouth would get dry. I don't know if it is part of the mechanism during stress. Even my ears would feel painful and closed. To this day if i am stressed i feel my tongue swelling/tingling and get dry mouth etc. But now it does not send me into panic so it usually passes quickly enough.

• Posted

Back to docs this evening anyway,see if he will change me back onto prozac,im sure i was too hasty thinkin the mirtazapine worked over night, id taken prozac 14 days and felt rubbish took mirtazapine on day 15 and on day 16 woke up almost my usual self,thought mirtazapine was amazing and worked fast but after having 1 nearly 2 good weeks im almost as bad as i was in the begining,so i think i should have stayed on prozac x
    • Posted

Maybe the combination is what snapped you out. You really need to give one med more than 14 days to see if it works by rule. How did it go at doctor's?

• Posted

Hi doc agreed with me that it was more likely to be the prozac kicking in rather than the other one so off that and back on prozac from today,thanks for asking xx
    • Posted

Pharmacist agreed too,he said docs made wrong choice changing me to the other one after 14 days on prozac so im staying on it now lol x
    • Posted

Also as every day goes by i get another symptom start or come back,id forgot that my ear used to feel odd,like plugged or fizzy but today its back to add to all my other tingles/numbness,have had a rough couple of days tho,start of school hols,2poorly kids and also the hospital appointment obviously affected me as you know as it got closer,i just wish id stayed on the prozac before and id still feel ok how i did for that 1/3 weeks before,now its at least another 2weeks before i will see any improvement x
    • Posted

Also as every day goes by i get another symptom start or come back,id forgot that my ear used to feel odd,like plugged or fizzy but today its back to add to all my other tingles/numbness,have had a rough couple of days tho,start of school hols,2poorly kids and also the hospital appointment obviously affected me as you know as it got closer,i just wish id stayed on the prozac before and id still feel ok how i did for that 1/3 weeks before,now its at least another 2weeks before i will see any improvement x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.