feels like i am loosing my life to anxiety

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hey guys need a little bit of advise and support. I have been suffering from anxiety for at least 3 years now the first 2 years were really bad than the past year i have managed with my doctors support and medication ( antivan).

Though the past 3 weeks i feel like i am loosing control again. I am either waking up in the middle of the night with fast heartbeats and numbness through my body or i am not sleeping because of these crazy thoughts that run through my head . A couple of days ago i went to the doc with a high temp and felt like i couldn't breath he said it could be a virus since than i feel like i can't take long breaths and my heart won't stop beating so fast i feel dizzy constantly also have this feeling like my head is so heavy 😭😭😭

At the moment i have convinced my self i have lung cancer or heart disease. I feel like i am loosing this battle again. I feel all alone. πŸ˜”πŸ˜”πŸ˜”πŸ˜”πŸ˜”πŸ˜”πŸ˜”πŸ˜”. Can someone please tell me if they are going through this.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I feel for you, and your definitely not alone. I've only had anxiety for a year or so, and I had a few months of being back to myself, then out of the blue it all starts again. Mine is mainly health anxiety so I convince myself i have all sorts. At the moment I have chest pain so think I'm dying, but in reality I know it's just anxiety. It's so hard with kids too, I have a 6 year old daughter and feel like the worst Mum ever at the mo. But chin up, it will pass again like it did before x
    • Posted

Thank you for replying hun. I have also been diagnosed with health anxiety. Though this time it feels so different so real its as if I am nearing the end of some disease . Cancer. Something that has gone unnoticed
  • Posted

I have health anxiety too, overlapping with panic disorder. Mine built up over the course of the last couple of years until it peaked last summer. Have you ever had CBT? It helped me so much, with anti depressants also to get back on track. Now when i feel myself slipping backwards i look at what i am doing differently, or not doing that is triggering the anxiety again and i take steps immediately to make sure it doesnt get worse....if you have had alot of little niggly stresses recently, or one or two larger ones it could be the trigger that has started it off again. Even lots of changes can trigger me off, even if they are positive ones i still panic
  • Posted

Ativan is the ONLY thing that works for me. Ive tried every AD out there that made it worse. Going on six months
    • Posted

I take ativan also and it may be addicting but if it works for me I'm taking it..
  • Posted

Thanks guys hearing that i am not the only one makes It a little better. All i want to do is have one night where I can sleep. My brain is constantly analysing. Atm 8 am having trouble breathing πŸ™ŽπŸ˜«πŸ˜«πŸ˜«πŸ˜«πŸ˜«
  • Posted

Hi Sally, I think a lot of people on this forum are going through the same, I'm just coming out of a relapse I had in September.

I suggest you visit your GP and tell him/her how your feeling and review your meds.

All those symptoms your describing are anxiety related.

N

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.