Feet

Posted , 3 users are following.

Anyone one else get swollen ankle this is a new symptom for me been doctors and had some test done

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Maud - Not sure if you are referring to just one ankle or both swelling.  The reason why I ask is, even though I feel overall “puffy” my right ankle gets like pockets of edema.  Also my right Achilles’ tendon hurts etc.  I was on a nasty B/P RX which did in fact swell my ankles and I thought caused me to get Achilles Tendonapathy, but now off the drug, I am not positive that the RX caused this or simply it was menopause related.  I don’t have the puffy feet/ankle feeling all the time just some times of the month - it’s has made wearing shoes very uncomfortable - I am beginning to think this is clearly menopause related, but best to get it checked out - 
  • Posted

Hi Maud....my situation is similar to Debra's response. I was put on BP mess and noticed swelling in 1 ankle about a year later....right when peri began. Got checked out- no heart issues or anything. it would come and go, mostly swell right before period would start. Then i developed plantar fasciitis in one heel. Then tore the perineal tendon on the other foot-

all within like 4 years! Now I'm still peri but winding down....swelling happens a whole lot less. When I am good and do my workouts and walking it doesn't happen at all. I do notice it when the weather is hot and humid. Male primary doctor says its age, female gyno says its menopause and hormonal dips.

• Posted

I'm on BP meds but when I sit for long periods my left ankle swells.  When I go on flights my left ankle swells more than the right, so I googled and the fact that one ankle swells more than the other was of concern.  So I mentioned to my cardiologist who did an doppler ultrasound of my legs.  The results were no thrombosis were found and there was blood flow...so really no explanation. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.