feet and ankles RA

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi all I've had ra for just over a year now I take methotrexate and. Meloxican and I take cod liver oil plus omega3 fish oil I have really bad pain in the sole of my foot I work as a carer and I do long 12hr shift so am on my feet all day I do one shift and am sore for 3days after I do it and am just wondering if they are any other. Reemdys u can recommended for me thanks

0 likes, 32 replies

32 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Lesley I work on my feet all day also. Usually I get pains in my left foot esp when I put pressure on it. I bought memory foam sketchers. Found great relief.
    • Posted

Hi Clare I have a pair of sketchers that I just wear for work yeah they are good but I get sore feet still by the end of my shift am nearly crawling out the door lol it's terrible
    • Posted

Know how you feel the shoes i can only wear apart from my work shoes r sketchers no heels or flat ones wish i could wear slippers lolx
    • Posted

I have sketchers aswell I wear to work I do 12hr shifts and by the end of my shift my feet are in agony crawling out of work lol
  • Posted

Hi Lesley.

I agree with Hot Picks.... Crocs have to be the most comfortable shoes under the sun, the orignal sort I mean... or the more 'feminine' version of the original sort, which isn't much more feminine but looks a tad less clunky.

Apart from being lightweight and moulded to your foot's shape, they have these holes near the sole which keeps the soles of the feet cool, which I love.

Gosh, I sound like an ad!

I also have a pair of Echos which are very comfortable, though I don't have to stand all day.

I have had serious foot problems, though not directly related to RA, and I had some special insoles made that mould to my arch, as support. Can't do without them now!

• Posted

Hi Lesley I get problems with my feet due to ra too. The balls of my feet, above my toes and tendinitis on my achilles heel. I wear like surgeons clogs at work and have orthotic made insoles for all my other shoes. Sketchers are a godsend. We could all be walking adverts for Sketchers lol.
    • Posted

I got insoles for my sketchers aswell i think am on my feet 12 hrs as I work with elderly as a carer and that's hard going on my joints aswell it just really gets u dwn sometimes.
    • Posted

It is hard at times. On bad days with the stiffness, pain and fatigue I could happily pack my job in! I'm not giving in yet tho I like working and I need to work. Rest when you can and sleep when you need to that's my motto.
    • Posted

Am not giving my job up either I will keep going for as long as I can I do rest when am not working and catch up on my sleep as I say it is hard at times but hey u just get on with it thanks for chatting with me x
    • Posted

Anytime. It's good to know you're not alone with ra related problems. This forum is great. Take care.
    • Posted

They're a branded make of trainer. Very comfy. A great selection too in the Sketchers shop.
    • Posted

I didnt know bout them til last year when i found it hard to eear any type of shoe my hubby had been told about them so he bought a pair to try they r a god send i cant wear any other shoe except my work ones have a look on amazonx
    • Posted

sounds ike my thing! Can you buy them in the UK?
    • Posted

Yeh from loads of shops. Look for ur nearest Sketchers shop too. And online.
    • Posted

Hi am at work the day got my sketchers on so feeling okay the now see how I am later on x
    • Posted

Hi Gemma and friends,

I checked these skechers out online, but I'm wary of buying shoes without trying them first as I have such awkward feet.... and my problem is always size, too, because I'm tall and had large large feet.... I can hardly ever buy women's shoes. Such a disappintment!

Any advice there? I have so many pairs of shoes I simply can't wear any more.

I also wondered about durabiity. The two I like online (mens!) are made of a kind of canvas.... how do those canvas numbers wear in the English rain?

I really appreciate being able to share feet and shoe stories with like-bodied sufferers!

• Posted

Hello

Just reading the discussion. Brantanno is a great place for sketchers or crocs. X

• Posted

Hi my advice would be go to the Sketchers shop and try on the array of sizes and styles and either but they're and then or take note of style etc and buy online. You can't go wrong with Sketchers cos they're comfy and very durable. I've got 3 pairs and Wear them on a daily basis. X
    • Posted

Thanks. But it seems Brantanos doesn't have stores in north or central London...

Any other suggestions?

• Posted

Hi

Im sorry no I dont. I get mine from there. I understand what u mean about online shopping. Hopefully someone can suggest somewhere else. Fingers crossed and prayers for you. X x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.