fell on the stairs

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi im 31 and 4 days ago i was comeing down my stairs an fell on my daughters shoe,s and twisted my foot i fell sick dizzy and faint as soon as it happened so i went up the hospital an they said i have ligament and tissue damage but i still can,t put any weight on my foot and it still realy hurts especially at night times it,s like a throbbing pain .

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Did they X-ray you whilst you were at the hospital?
    • Posted

Yes they x_rayed but sed they could not see no break only ligament and tissue damage but if there anything they missed they said they be in touch .
  • Posted

HiĀ  I fractured my fibula in January and also severely sprained my ankle and foot. The bone quickly healed but the soft tissue and ligament isstill not recovered. I have just started walking the dog again and doing my own shopping but only with crutches. Soft tissue damage can take a long time to heal. At this stage it is important to give your foot hot and cold baths i.e. have a bowl of hot water and a bowl of iced water on the floor and soak your foot for 5 mins in each, starting with the hot for a total of 3 times per bowl. Then keep your foot up higher than your heart if possibly as much as possible. These instructions were given to me by a physio. If you can do that in the first seven days or so it can reallyhelp the healing process. Also get some Chambers & Co. Arnica, Comfrey and calendula ointment and massage in once or twice a day. I have found it to really help with the swelling and pain. Don't assume that your damage will take as long as mine as every case is different as is the degree of sprain but the more you help it along in the early days the quicker it will heal.
    • Posted

Thankyou so much i will try your advice i aslo work doin cleaning and a dinner lady so both involve bein on my feet how long after did u go back to work ?
    • Posted

Hi Actually I didn't as I am retired but I still wouldn't be able to do any job other than one sitting down. You could also use a Tubigrip elasticated bandage on your ankle when you are working to give it some support and help to keep the swelling down. My ankle may be taking longer due to my age so hopefully yours will get better much more quickly.
  • Posted

Sorry Kimberley- Elevate it up high (above your heart) for as much time during the day as you can, and while you sleep as well. Ice it throughout the day, especially when it hurts. Massage it to make it feel better with a salve or cream of comfrey. We all know that throbbing pain here! It will get better through time.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.