femseven sequi running out early

Posted , 3 users are following.

hey.. i have been on femseven sequi patches since last dec (8mths) i have noticed that after about 3.5 days my anxiety, mood swings, aches and pains return. soon as i change the patch on day 4 i feel brand new again smile phase 2 seems to make me much calmer but a tad more tired... but thats fine. so am i safe to change the patch after 4 days instead of every 7 days?and then obviously change it again as i would on "change day" and stick to 14 days in total on any phase? it seems as though the patches loose strength after about 3 days? any help or advice would be amazing smile i was origionally put on hrt as i started to menopause early im only 43....thanks guys 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I don't know about know about femseven sequi as I use Estraderm MX.  However, I know when I was on the 7 day patch, it was not satisfactory, apart from it causing a bad rash from trying to have it on for 7 days.  My dr changed me to 2 smaller patches per week, same strength.  However, my body does use up oestrogen quickly, so I use patches every 3 days (as opposed to 3.5 days) and supplement them with Sandrena gel on the 7th day.

I have recently discovered that Provera was causing a reduction of my oestrogen, as it is an oestrogen antagonist, and I don't have a uterus anyway to need it.

• Posted

Your consistent symptoms clearly indicate that the patch isn't lasting the full amount of time.  Talk to your doctor and see if changing the patch sooner is ok.  

• Posted

Thank you so much I have spoken to doctor and she said give it a go but she will organise an ultra scan in the near future to make sure there isn't any abnormal build up of the lining...even though I do have a bleed...ill keep you all posted as to how I get on 😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.