Femseven - thrush!!!

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all, 

Can I ask - does anyone who uses or has used Femseven patches suffer from vaginal thrush?

I have just started on the progesterone/oestrogen type patches last week and yesterday started with thrush, today it's soooo bad and I seem to have started bleeding early too which is totally out of sync?! 

Is it just my body adjusting to the new patches or a side effect that is going to be a regular thing?! 😩

This is the first month using Femseven as the progesterone in the Evorel patches I used for 6 months previous gave me bad side effects also.. breast pain, nuclear level PMT...  I thought the Femseven may be ok as none of those symptoms happened this month however this new prob is pretty bad at the mo! 

Thanks in advance.

AJ. x

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

When you take the two together in one patch it is hard to know which one is causing it. Could be the dosages are off too. I tried a combi patch and I felt really bad. Myself personally my body doesn't do that well with the progesterone part of hrt. You might need to not take them together in one patch so that you can adjust the levels in one or both. When I use estrogen patches I get on a rush like I am high even though they are suppose to be slow release. If you have a good compounding lab in your area they can make creams and pills specifically to the amount you need. For me HRT hasn't been a silver bullet. I don't feel that great on and I don't feel good off. I keep thinking it is my thyroid but the darn thing actually went up the last test I had when I went off the HRT for 10 days. I just hate feeling like I have dementia when I am off and the sensation of feeling like my insides are irritated. I have been eating some foods that help boost my estrogen but it doesn't lift enough to feel great. Good luck.

• Posted

I'm guessing you live in the US? I'm in the UK and I'm sure we don't not have compounding labs here - I wish we did! I think you're spot on when you say it's a kind of made to measure thing as one dose does not aid all and adjustments are bound to be needed.

I feel ok on the oestrogen  only patches but as you said, when I go on the combi patches for the last 2 weeks - I start to get side effects... so I thought it was the progesterone but now I'm wondering about your comment of maybe it's the two together rather than the progesterone itself? Could be? 🤔 I'm back on the oestrogen patch now and the thrush has gone. I guess I'll wait until the next combo to see what happens!! 

I too feel like I have some sort of dementia off the HRT, can't think straight and ache so badly it's awful. 

I hope you find some relief soon too, thank you for your advice, I'm going to check out compounding labs/clinics but I'm not hopeful here... 

Keep smiling. 

A. 😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.