Fertility

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi , I ended up having premature menopause in 2012 aged 25 as a result of treatment for cancer. The thought of not being able to have my own child never bothered me until recently , when I now find myself resenting people including family and friends who don't appreciate how fortunate they are being able to have their own child . I can't help but feel robbed and as though I'm being punished . I just wondered if there was anyone else who feels this way or has felt this way and what do you do/ have you done about it?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

New Scientist online

read this article.  

"Menopause reversal restores periods and producs fertile eggs".

I think there are some who do it in the USA.  

• Posted

Talk about your feelings with your closest friend or family. It will help you to get it off your chest. If you can't do that, talk to us! If you are angry, sad, say it out loud. Then you will be able to deal with it and move forward. Make plans, enquiries,. If all else fails, make sure you are available to be the best Godparent ever! Lots of love and hugs x

• Posted

I can well understand your feeling this way.  I assume from your post that the treatment was successful, which is wonderful, but now I think you should go back to your doctors and discuss this issue with them.  Fertility treatment is advancing all the time.  Good luck, you deserve a break.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.