Few questions please help

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone can help me please?

Ive just been given Orlistat by my doctor and am going to start them tomorrow.

I do a lot of aqua aerobics. Is this going to be a problem?

If I am going out for a special occassion, is it safe to miss a tablet or will it not make any difference?

My partner is a chef. He wants to know can he still cook using olive oil?

I hope someone can help as Im a bit nervous!! xxx

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hiya

I have been using the blues on and off for a year now...about 2 stone lost to date but have just started on them again to push for another 2 stone. I can asnwer a few of your questions...

Any form of exercise is fine, as long as you have not been eating too much fat. If you have then sometimes the exercise/jumping about can make you windy and then this could cause a bit of an accident!

I have to miss 3 days of tablets for them to be completely out of my system, so if I am going out and know I am going to take on a lot of fat, meal and booze then I stop 3 days before I am going out...but then it also takes another 3 days for them to kick in correctly.

I would say check the fat content on the oil, I always work to a whole meal/snack being less than 7g of fat is ok, anything more and I need to ensure I am close to a toilet!

I always cook with Fry Light, it's fab!

Good luck and stay positive!

Top tip....keep some wet wipes and spare knickers handy until you have worked out your limits for fat etc....as I had more than a few accidents when I first started!

Lexie xx

• Posted

smile Glad to have found this site, it might make the whole experience of weight loss and using Orlistat more bearable.

I am planning to start them tomorrow after a stern talking to from my GP!

I have quite a lot of weight to lose and as I am type 2 diabetic need to take this seriously at last.

I have read some of the posts and am really worried about Accidents! any tips?

Cheers Dusty

• Posted

the only real tip to avoid accidents is to keep below the fat intake guideline per meal - good luck smile
  • Posted

What is the fat guideline per meal? Im trying to stay between 6-10 for my main meal and about 6 for breakfast and lunch
  • Posted

guideline is 15g per meal max, breakfast and lunch are easy to keep under and so is dinner if you're not a fussy eater!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.