Fiboriod advice

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi wanted some advice on my first course of esmya due to multiple uterine fibroids to many to count largest one being around 8cm . Been taking tablets for a week still bleeding after 12 days my periods normally last up to 7 days . Did anyone else have this problem when they started taking them. I am hopeing it's the tablets working.

donna

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Donna,

Good luck with the meds, i hope it works for you!

Before Esmya i was bleeding crazy (flooding) for about 10 days with a maybe 7-10 day break, then another 10 days of crazy bleeding and so on.

The first month of Esmya, i still had my period. It wasn't as bad and I'd probably say it was like what a "normal" period is like (if we can even remember what that is! ). Lasted about 7 days, was heavy the first few days, then reduced over the next few. It was just the one time that month. It was definitely an improvement.

The second month i still bled but it was much, much lighter. More like 5 days of heavy spotting rather than a real period.

The third month i had nothing.

I think it takes a few weeks to kick in, so give it some time and maybe even take notes of the progress. Don't stress that it didn't stop the bleeding straight away, but rather stay positive and focus on the gradual improvement!

I know it's a hard and stressful process, especially when we have so much invested in it working, but as my friend tries to tell me, "be kind to yourself". Focus on positive improvement. No matter how much we stress, we can't change what will happen. All we can do is manage our mind while we go thru the experience. All the best!

• Posted

Thank you Jess was just concerned that my periods last for 7 days normally and know still bleeding after 13 days. Its not heavy like my normal period. Had fiboriod for many years now with very heavy bleeding. Hopeing these tablets work will be nice to not have to worry every month and not to look 6 month pregnant .Hope they work for you take care
  • Posted

Hi, as Esmya works on shrinking the fibroids by depriving them of progesterone, it won't have any direct effect on the bleeding, and it will take a while for it to stop. I have taken several courses and have always bled daily   - not always a lot - for about the first 6 weeks. Hope it works for you.

• Posted

Wow...never heard of this until today. I had a terrible time with fibroids and they placed me on the birth control pill. Guess there ae new ways to deal with this. Good luck Donna!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.