FIBRISTAL

Posted , 3 users are following.

Started taking fibristal seven days ago, bleedind stopped five days after start taking meds, just wondering if anyone taking this medication notice burning sensation in stonach ares

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

I am 4wks into fibristal and have not noticed any burning sensations as you described. I do get bloated quite a bit, but that's just about it.

• Posted

yes I had a slight burning sensation for several days, and then a dark smelly discharge (much like old blood) for several more days.  Then it cleared up.  In past threads other women have mentioned the burning sensation.  But I haven't noticed anyone mention the smelly discharge.I have been on fibristal for about 6 weeks.  

• Posted

Hello Diana,

You must be half way through your treatment. Have you noticed any change in the size of your fibroids? Am in the 4th week and have not seen any change, although mine are pretty big. I have multiple and largest is 9cm.

Thanks

• Posted

Well that is the question I am also asking.  I am not able to give myself an internal examination. (not being sarcastic, I just being honest.)  My husband and I have not had sex in 7 months so I wouldn't know if it felt less thick and squishy in there.  I have no idea how so many women say they see a difference by their tummies.  Perhaps it is because they no longer have the bloating of menstruation?  

My 3 fibroids combined are 9.5 cm in diameter.  

So I have made an appointment for January to see my GP, at which time I can ask for and Ultrasound.  (I will be finished my Fibristal by Jan. 21) The Ultrasound department will call me and advise when my appointment is.  So when they call me, I have to call my doctor and book and appointment for the results.  The earlierst I can get the results will be 2 weeks after the ultrasound.  And that will depend on how booked my doctor is.  I might not get the results until March.

By that time I am hoping that the hospital in Toronto calls me for an appointment to use Focused Ultrasound to destroy my fibroids.   My goal is to shrink them about 50% so that Focused Ultrasound has a better chance of destroying them.  I understand that the smaller the fibroids, the easier to destroy.  And that they have more success with older women in this kind of treatment.  I turn 51 this month.  But here's the kicker.  My Gyno advised me that in general doctors only want to help women in their childbearing years.  Although I have had my period right up to taking this medication, I might not qualify for this new treatment.  If that is the case, I might just have to call a clinic in the USA to discuss my options and enquire as to what they charge.

Despite all the treatment in the world.  Everything I have read says that Fibroids do grow again.  The drugs don't stop them.  Cutting them out doesn't stop new ones from starting. Eating food with hormones in it, having too much hormones in our bodies affects the growth of fibroids.  Diet and exercise helps reduce the chance of having them.  Why aren't we teaching this to high school girls?  Why are doctors quick to offer hysterectomy when there are alternatives?  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.