Fibroid

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all I've just had a letter in the post about my appointment with gynaecology,it's on the 26th this month,I saw a different doctor yesterday cos of the pains and other symptoms,which I think is my fibroid,this female doctor I saw I told her all my symptoms,and she examined my stomach,she seems to think it's not my fibroid,that's causing the pain in my stomach,and other symptoms,she thinks it might be gall stones,she's referring me to have a scan on the upper part of my stomach,tbh I feel like I'm not being taken seriously,I've looked online about symptoms of gall stones,and it doesn't add up to the pains,and where I'm having these pains,which are mostly on the lower part of my stomach,either on left side,right side or on my belly button itself,I do get pains under my ribs too,this doctor also seems to think that gynaecology won't remove my fibroid,cos it's small,I stressed to this doctor,that I want to have more kids,and need the fibroid out,she thinks removing the fibroid would cause damage to my womb,all I know is I'm not going to fall pregnant,whilst I've got it still inside me,need some advice,going out of my mind,I'm getting worse,feeling sick a lot of the time now,feeling hot,dizzy,I had a horrible spell Thursday evening,was in the kitchen washing up,I was almost finished,and suddenly had excruciating back pain,felt like I was going to be sick,dizzy and was close to passing out,thankfully managed to grab a chair and sit down,don't know if that was caused by my fibroid,or completely separate,just know I'm not well and getting worse

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jenny I would head to your local A and E dept and get checked out asap xx
    • Posted

They would just send me home,the pains are on and off,kinda like when you get period pains,it's random,I have good days and bad days,today is a good day so far,although I'm not in pain,my stomach is really tender,feeling hot,sick and dizzy on and off,I am okay right now,but it's not always like that,even when I'm not in pain,I feel uncomfortable,it's weird been like this since mid march

• Posted

I would just go back. An investigation needs to be done x
    • Posted

I thankfully haven't needed to go to a and e so far,came close about a month ago,I'll see what happens when I see gynaecology

• Posted

Hi Jenny,

I've had problems with fibroids and a hiatus hernia - both sorted now as I had 2 surgeries to sort both. It could be you do have 2 things going on there - and it would be wise to get both checked out. Hiatus hernia can cause referred pain - especially if it presses on the vagus nerve. The hernia made me feel sick a lot especially if I ate the wrong things - and it would usually be within 20 minutes of eating a meal. I got dizzy a fair bit too. My fibroid was the source of my back pain. Worrying will make both feel bad - I know - I am a worrier! I really hope you get some answers soon!

• Posted

Thanks me too,going out of my mind,been ill for 3 months,can't take much more

• Posted

Just hang on in there! You will get sorted - it does take time - but you will get sorted. GP's don't refer unless they have concerns. Go to your appointments and see what they say. Once you know what is going on you will feel a lot better. Not knowing is when your mind goes into overdrive x

• Posted

Hi Jenny, i know your post is a little old but i was wondering how things are going with your pain and fibroids. I am awaiting a gynae appointment having had pains low abdo and low back for a few months. i had an USS which shows i have a small fibroid but i am experiencing a lot of pain during my period and period pains and sharp pains on and off when im not having a period. I feel tired and dizzy too. My GP did not think my small fibroid would cause such pain, i also have 2 gall stones x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.