fibroid

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi ladies i have recently posted on her re my period pain that has continued for a week after this period and same after my previous period. I was sent for an ultra sound scan and trans vaginal scan and now have the results. i have a fibroid near the neck of my womb  my gp is refering my to a Gynae dr. He stated it is not a large fibroid but it is probably where it is (so the dr says) which, is why i am experiencing so much pain. I am still worried fearing the worst. I also suffer from Vulvodynia and the TVUSS was very painful so dreading what they are going to do.I feel so bloated and nauseous too.  Any one had problems with fibroids?

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi Amanda, I had a fibroid at the beginning of perimenopause it was hanging like stalk I had it remove when I was 51 because it made me bleed like a pig although it was 2 inches small, it was just one day surgery and was over in and hour that was it nothing to be scared of, I could not wait for the menopause for that shrink it would of still be bleeding still all like now..but they finish next month fingers cross, you mention pain with yours I didn't get pain only when I was having sex I use to feel deep pain then but I don't know how it is now because I'm single wether it cleared it up don't know..so my advise to you if it's giving you trouble you might need to get out you will feel better up to you.

• Posted

I have I will in my uterus. They followed it up with an US every 3 months for a while. I go in March after a year. They didn't seem concerned. Fibroids are rather common. Nothing to work yourself up about.

• Posted

Hey Amanda.  Sorry you are having to deal with this.  Please keep us updated on what gyn says
  • Posted

I had 2 uterine fibroids. One of them was actually part of my uterus and when I was pregnant with my oldest they thought she was a twin, that's how they found it. And at some point I developed a second one. The first grew to the size of a softball and second golf ball sized. Now all this was way before meno. Mine caused severe bleeding to the point of going through a box of tampons a day.. I had a DNC and that made it worse. If it wasn't actually part of my uterus they could have just removed both but that wasn't an option so I had a hysterectomy but kept my ovaries bc I was only 33. All that being said, fibroids usually pose no risk. Mine were just so big it wasn't allowing my uterus to shed fully so I was in a constant period for months, and the cramps were horrifying. If not for that I would have left it alone and kept my uterus.

Don't stress until they give you your options! 99.9% of the time fibroids are harmless and if they remove it, I'm sure you'll have numbing or seditation, I'm sure you won't feel a thing 😊

Please keep us updated!

• Posted

Hi Gigi, i dont bleed too heavy only day one then only for 3 days with very slight for another day, but i experience so much period pains even now 8 days before i am due on i am having some mild period pains, i feel bloated and slightly nauseous, my back aches too at times. It worries me so!
    • Posted

Totally understand about the pain and bloating. Funny thing with me is I only have my ovaries, nothing to cause cramps really, but I get cramps during ovulation and I bloat when I would normally have a period. It's more annoying than anything.. not painful, just a dull throb.

Try not to worry hun, it'll be ok! Let us know what your tests and decision are! We're here for you!

• Posted

Google “black strap molasses for fibroids” 
    • Posted

I actually found out about it by accident.

I mentioned a certain type of pain I was having, here on the forum a few weeks back, and someone mentioned that it sounded similar to fibroids.

Well- I don’t have insurance so I can’t run to the doctor anytime I want LOL.

Got on and researched a bit and found that.

I started using it RIGHT away the next day. The molasses and ACV, Fast forward- 3 weeks or so later, absolutely ZERO pain there and ovulation pains are minimal when ovulating now.

I did a ton of reading others’ experiences with it and it seems to be a saving grace for a lot of women :-) 

• Posted

Hi Sta8tfans, i started my ACV and black strap molasses 3 days ago, i found a website where lots of people swear by it so i am hoping all will be well. I should have my next period in 8 days so do not know if it will help i hope so. Feeling bloated at the moment sad 
  • Posted

Hi Amanda... last year, I had a CT scan come back that showed "something in the ovary"... during surgery, it was found that there was nothing in the ovary.  It was a "floating" fibroid shadowing the ovary (so I was told).  The doctor was not very helpful and did not tell me anything about the size of the fibroid, but it was thought that it might be pressing on my bladder sometimes.  I hope you are feeling better soon and can get the answers you need.  Take care.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.