Fibroids?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello

I have been having heavy periods lasting approximately 10-12 days. Then staying over 2 weeks later. Now recently I have started wiping blood from my vaginal area after a BM. I saw my Gynecologist and she performed a pap and found a cervical polyp... Which she clipped off. She has me set up for a sonogram on Monday to check for fibroids. My other symptoms are constipation (which until recently has always been diarrhea due to a gallbladder removal), digestive issues including a hiatal hernia, I am anemic, weight gain, lower back pain, and hip pain.

Since clipping then polyp 3 days ago I am still spotting pink and brown, unless I have a BM and then I will bleed red blood and a lot of it.

Do I have the symptoms of a fibroid sufferer?. I would appreciate any feedback.

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi there,

Bleeding frank red blood with BMs is not typical. I'd follow up fairly urgently with your physicians as this may be a GI issue rather than gynae.

• Posted

I agree with other comments - although bleeding is a symptom of fibroids, heavier bleeding after a BM is not, hope you get more info from the sonogram.
    • Posted

I get bleeding after a BM sometimes as I'm so constipated it pushes down everything from my vagina and thing disturbs the fibroids but I agree you need this investigated!

• Posted

Yes Liz even after eating a small amount of food I feel full up and bloated and am nearly always constipated!! Ugh! I feel your pain! It's like being pregnant!!

• Posted

I want to know what is wrong. Part of me is worried 😟 that after the sonogram I still won't know. Thank you for listening to me. Liz

• Posted

You'll get a lot more answers ! Try not to worry although it's hard! You'll get some answers soon xx

• Posted

Hello, just over a week ago I had 5 fibroids removed. My symptoms started with slightly heavier periods but which suddenly turned into 2 separate week episodes of flooding where subsequent fibroids were discovered. I was anemic however I actually lost over half a stone in weight. Personally I didn't suffer from back pain. hope this helps.

• Posted

Thank you for your reply. I also nervous for the sonogram on monday
  • Posted

Hi Liz,

There are many symptoms of fibroids.  But most women won't have any symptoms in the early stages of fibroids.  Many women also don't have complications from fibroids.  But over 50% of women will get them before they are 50 years old.  Don't panic.  

Women who have one or more issues with their reproductive system will be prone to having multiple related issues.  You don't mention your age, which is a relative factor.  Women in their 30's are diagnosed with fibroids the most.  Women over 40 have fewer options that doctors are willing to recommend.

Depending on where fibroids are located will affect what symptoms you have.  Fibroids can grow inside and outside the uterus.  Whay method you choose in treating them is a personal choice.  And you do have a choice.  In many cases doctors will look at your age, whether you have had children or not and the size of the fibroids and they will make the decision (usually a hysterectomy) to advise you accordingly.  

You can Google Fibroids and their treatment through the Mayo Clinic web site for all the different options.  

• Posted

Thank you so much for your reply. I am 48 years old with 5 children. I am anxious for the sonogram on Monday. I am scared of what they will find and I am also scared they won't find anything.

...and I will be left with these horrible symptoms. The results from the polyp came back yesterday as benign. I am still bleeding Vaginally after a BM. Should that have stopped if the blood was coming from the polyp that she removed?

The wait to have the sonogram is horrible!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.