Fibroids

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi I wondered if there are any ladies on here who have had a Hystertomy Laproscopily and kept their cervix and ovaries. Just had a failed UFE but I will only consider a Hystertomy if I could have the womb only removed.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

If your total uterine size (including fibroids) is less than 16 weeks, it should be possible to have a subtotal hysterectomy laparoscopically. However, you will need a gynaecologist who has expertise in laparoscopic surgery.

• Posted

Hi Lily

Thanks for your response I will keep that in mind it wasn't offered to me last time but they may do this time if it's shrunk

• Posted

Hi Patricia,

Sorry I'm not knowledgable in the hysterectomy department but was wondering if you can tell me how or symptoms of a failed UFE. I'm concerned about mine but it's only been 6 weeks post op and the size is still the same but have had constant and consistent pelvic pain daily and now thigh pain and inner groin pain and lower back pain for sure more than pre op and not sure what's going on but do have a doctors appointment set up on Wednesday.

• Posted

hi Babybear,

sorry about your post UFE discomfort. But 6weeks is too early to notice any change. your body is still trying to take in the procedure. i guess its why you are having them discomforts. you will have to wait for atleast 3months to see any significant change. i had very large fibroids and bleeding like my intestines would fall.its been 3 months now i notice that my bleeding has reduced so significantly, no more dizzyness. am no longer anemic or sickly. my strength has returned. i feel good and strong for the 1st time in almost 2 years. i had my UFE on the 4th of may. just be patient with the healing process. don,t put yourself under undue pressure.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.