Fibroids

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi all

I have now been on Esyma since the end of Jan 2017. I have not experienced any of the side effects except tiredness. I' hope that it passes. I have a scan next week and Gynocolgy appointment on the 24 April :2017.

Just wondered if any ladies on here have taken Esyma and if this tiredness will pass. It will be worth it if it works. So far don't see any shrinkage on the tummy but having

No periods is bliss.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hello

I did 3 months of esmya from November - January, month off and now back on for another 3 months. I also suffered tiredness but I do think that passes and you almost just adjust to it. I have two fibroids - since starting esmya, one has stayed the same size (6cm) and the other one shrunk from 11cm to 8cm. I have also changed my diet which may have helped (almost a vegan diet) My periods have continued whilst on esmya..quite heavy the first few days and then light. Most people seem to have no periods on esmya, so not sure if I'm in a minority for still having them. I hope esyma works for you. I'm hopeful esyma will continue to work to shrink mine.

• Posted

Hi Lizzie

Thanks for your reply and sorry to hear that your periods continued while on Esyma mine have stopped. Hope you are not as heavy. I think you may be right about the tiredness. Glad you got one to shrink that s really good. Did your tummy go down as well I ask cos mine is really big and I was hoping for shrinkage. Hope you continue to improve

• Posted

Hi Patricia I've taken Esmya several times and have suffered menopausal symptoms, tiredness and weight gain each time. But it's all worth it for the bleeding to stop and the fibroids to shrink. I finished my last course 2 weeks ago and am already amazed at how much more energy I have, both mental and physical. My hot flushes are continuing just as bad though.

• Posted

Hi Christine thanks for your reply.

I have not suffered with Hot Flushes thankfully. It's just the tiredness that's hard to take. Hope I don't get any more weight gain as I was hoping for a flatter tummy.

I have appointment with Gynocology on 24 April so will ask about it then.

I did read somewhere that Esyma can put you into Menopause don't know if that's right though. When you say you took Esyma 7 times did you mean for 7 months?

Glad you are feeling better and hope you continue to improve

• Posted

Hi no several not seven times, I can't remember if it's 3 or 4, it's been off and on over the last 3 years. I'd be happy if I'd stay in menopause as that's where I should be (I'm 59) but it seems to stop after a few weeks and then the wretched fibroids grow again and I bleed and so it goes on.......

• Posted

Hi, I have just started my second cycle of Esyma, I also find that I am very tired, spot every day (sometimes quite heavy), and still have a swollen tummy. To be honest I can put up with all of this as so much better than before and am so happy to have my life back to an extent.....but the two month break was awful and I am dreading the next break, I have never felt pain like it! I have a feeling this is not the norm as reading most stories it seems like most people have normal periods during this break so maybe I am unlucky! I have appt tomorrow and think I will start the discussion about having a hysterectomy as just think I want my life back after three years of muddling through this. I hope Esyma works for you, I think it is great that this medication does seem to work well for so many a nd gives so much hope for the future.

• Posted

Hi Patricia , IV been on esmay nearly 4 months now and I'm sorry to say my

Latest scan showed that my fibroids have not shrunk at all and the tiredness

Has not got any better ! But on a happier note since stopping esmay my body

Seems to have gone in to the menapause ! My Dr.thinks the fibroids will

Shrink and go away on their own ,because of the menapause ! I am to see

My gynaecologist the end of the month so I will know more then , good luck

With your esmya , hope it works for you xxxxx

• Posted

patricia27802, I was taking Esmya from 9 Dec 2016-1 Mar 2017. My heavy bleeding continued therefore had open abdominal myomectomy 8 Mar discharged 17 Mar 2017. Got six weeks until back to work. Dr removed one grapefruit and three plum sized fibroids and endometriosis from my uterus. My daily heavy bleeding subsided, thank God but I deal with some sharp pains, especially when sneezing. My feet and ankles were swollen for two weeks. Today 14 Apr 2017, is my day two of severe menstrual cramping in addition to previous pains and problems sleeping. My Dr told me I will feel adhesion pain possibly up to six months due to incisions in uterus healing process. This is worst than giving birth via C-section. Glad Esmya worked for you. Keeping all in my daily prayers.
  • Posted

I am on month two of Esmya. I have two twin fibroids around 9-11 cm each. I was asked to try this medication as I am only 30years old the my gyno wanted to shrink the fibroid so I have less bleeding during operation. 

I feel tired and sleepy most times but I try to take the medication before bed so I'm sleeping it off anyways. 

I have sharp pains on my uterus here and there and I still get water retention due to my bladder being outspaced by these effing fibroids. 

The only thing I am trying is core work at the gym so my recovery will be quick if I end up getting a surgery if they shrink. 

My period was normal except I didn't feel them coming or pain at all 

Hope to hear some good stories on shrinking of fibroids for women my age as I am just concerned that this meds won't work on me 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.