Fibroids

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all

Just updating I have just had another period this one was heavier than the last but less heavy than all the periods before it. Don't know why. I still look pregnant no change there. I see Gynocolgy on 9 August I am asking for a Laprascopic Myomectomy. If he agrees I am going to ask him to repair my belly button Hernia at the same time if that's possible.

Anyway hope everyone is good

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Patricia. Can I ask do you use HRT? Do you have any peri menopause symptoms?  I started hrt last September after missing 3 periods and the hot flashes, night sweats started amongst many other symptoms I'd been having for a couple of years.

I've known I have small fibroids for a few years causing me heavy periods and losing clots. I was waiting for menopause for them to shrink and have avoided any treatment. 

Since starting the hrt I've been spotting, brown sometimes red blood trickling from me every two weeks for a few days at a time. And had a couple of periods. 

I've just been told by gyne that I'm feeding the fibroids with the hrt and if I stop the hrt the bleeding will stop.  But I feel so good on it I'm wary of stopping.

I've never had any pain from the fibroids just the annoying bloated tummy.

Many of my friends who have had hysterectomy tell me to get it done and then take hrt. But as I'm not in pain why do that to myself with the risks it involves.

I'm finding it all so confusing with so may different opinions being offered!

• Posted

Hi Maisie 

No I'm not in per Menopause as far as I know so have not been taking HRT. I would insist on Myomectomy or if too big UFE.  I'm having a Laprascopic Myomectomy for my 7.5cm Fibroid but I had to keep saying no to Hysterectomy. They have tried to force that on

Me since June 2014 but I stood my ground. I'm 50 now and I was never having a Hysterectomy from day one. I had people telling me to have it and I would say no you have one. I am a very stubborn woman. So it may have took over 3 years but I got there in the end. If you don't want a Hysterectomy then stand firm. If you ever want advice message me. I post on here a lot. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.