Fibroids and TENS unit

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello all!  I'm new to this forum and still adjusting to how to do this and that! Brief history of me: I recently had a myomectomy a few months back to remove 2 large fibroids and just recently found out that I have another one... here's  my question,  has anyone ever tried a TENS unit to ease mentrual cramps? Mine have now gotten out of control and I am trying to preserve everything as I have yet to have any children...

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

hello, i had really bad cramps, but I started taking a teaspoon of apple cidar vinegar with a splash of water every morning, it may take time, but worth a try as it could wotk for you as well. 
  • Posted

Hi,Amanda00,

I agree with fibroidy that apple cider vineger

can work,i tried it and at first its was like 

increasing the many days of flow but after 

sometime it stops,it should be the natural 

one,(but i think one should not take it thro'out cause of pH level)

beside i took cod liver oil & vitamin D

Good luck

• Posted

Did you this daily during your cycle?  Only when your cramps were really bad?  Or as a daily regimen all together?? Thank you both for the insight!   Ill give it a shot!  
    • Posted

Well,for me i was desperate cause i was spotting daily & heavy clotted flow,so i used it 3 times aday(can't remember exactly how long but about 2 months) & then i slowed down & took it once anytime but when i read of pH,i was afraid & stopped it,i later started taking cod liver oil 2times daily & vitamin D 1 time

When the problem stopped i don't take them untill i feel pain or a spot.

All this time i was very careful on what i eat.

different people respond differently to same treatment,but i really wish you total success before you do the TENS unit.

• Posted

I did the vinegar every single day, but during bleeding you can do it 3 times a day (though i didn't). i really hope it works for you, as i used to cry with the back pain and stomach pain, can't remeber how long it took to take effect but it did work for me and i was very sceptical that it would do anything
  • Posted

Ok thank you both so very much. I will give it a go! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.