FIBROIDS BUT NORMAL FLOW

Posted , 10 users are following.

i ve had two miscarriages. and scan reveal there are fibroids. my menstral flow is normal not heavy and no big stomach. am considering myomectomy soonest to remove the fibroids to increase my chances of conception. any one with experinece of fibroids but normal flow. your candid advice will be welcome.

scared of going thru the surgery.thanks

2 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Have you got other symptoms? Tiredness, nausea, Gas? Did they tell you what size or type of fibroids

You have?

• Posted

Hi again, just looked at the web and there is an article that says, that of the 3 types...''The type that causes the most serious complications is submucous fibroids which are linked to infertility, miscarriage and other problems.'' If you have submucous fibroids they can often be removed by hysteroscopy if under 4cm in size. If you have the other types - subserosal or intramural you really need to know if they are really linked to miscarriage as well before putting yourself through surgery.  Don't rush in to it. 

• Posted

I understood that under 10 cms can be removed via hysteroscopy.
    • Posted

Thanks so much for your comments. Very encouraging. Hugs
  • Posted

Hi, It is possible to have a normal flow with fibroids, there are 3 types of fibroids and it's usually the submucosal ones that are most likely to increase flow. Many women can have fibroids and be symptom free and they can then be left alone. Not sure of the percentage of women that have them now but if symptom free you generally leave alone and they reduce at menopause.  ... I note you say that considering surgery because it will increase chances of conception. Will it help reduce the risk of miscarriage ? the type you have. I don't know. Its worth getting advice on that because you don't have other symptoms. Ask a Doctor to look at the scans with you, maybe get 2 opinions on this.   Good luck  

• Posted

I went to the doctor today was told I have a 5cm fibroid in my cavity which is on the lining. He said that was the one that was causing heavy bleeding. I saw that there are 3 different type of fibroids but I feel like I have all those 3 types😒 It was very difficult for him to perform the SIS because my uterus was very tight it was the worst pain ever he kept trying and trying AND TRYING 😢 He was like that he might have to try this another day😲 I'm like no I can't do this a second time😢so he kept trying they showed me the images on the computer and it was huge it looked like I had a baby in their 😭 he was telling me it was right in the center that's why it was hard for them to get in there and look. I'm really thinking of surgery to get it removed but I am terrified but it's also scary to know I have this huge fibroid I also have more. Tomorrow I should get a copy of my fibroids. My question is do you think its a submucosal fibroid? I was reading online but it didn't say about urinating frequently. I feel like, I know I have one on my bladder because I urinate frequently at least every two hours😤 Can't get a goodnight sleep because I have to get up to urinate. Worried about getting pregnant because I heard u urinate alot i could just imagine. I would be the restroom every 30 mins😔😢😭. Sorry for writing all this but it feels good to get this out. I should have aaked the doctor but i forget things really fast think i have early altimers but anyways any suggestion would help? Thanks

• Posted

Hi Pam, your fibroid is pressing on your bladder hence the toilet need. i have had one 7cm pressing on my bladder and had to go to the toilet very often. i have had it removed via keyhole and i feel very good so far, 3 weeks after the op. 
  • Posted

Sorry to hear your situation. Do not be scared of Myomectomy, it is still the best option for removal of fibroids, espcially if they are large and interfering with pregnancy. Ask your consultant how they intend to remove the fibroids, i.e. vaginally or key hole or via horizontal or vertical cut of the abdomen as that will affect how long it takes to heal. I had one back in January by Professor Mayonda who is the best for open myomectomy in the UK, he removed 32 fibroids.  Do you research, prepare yourself spiritually and mentally and physically, surgery has moved on and recovery is now much quicker. I started feeling better at 3 weeks. I wish I had it earlier instead I suffered for 10 years now the quality of my life has improved tremendously.
    • Posted

@ f91864

This is a very encouraging message have my key hole surgery in a months time it's good to know your recover went well you only hear horror stories on there forums. Thanks for sharing the good news.

• Posted

Aww.thank you so much for your comments. Am seeing the gynea Next Week. This is very encouraging. Hugs
  • Posted

Thanks for your comments. The fibroids are quite large. My doctors keep saying the position will not allow implantation.
  • Posted

Thank you ladies. I really appreciate your advice and suggestions. Am seeing my gynea soonest and I will update the house. Hugs
  • Posted

Yes I have . My doctor suggested uterine Artery Embolisation as there's a big chance if you have

Myomectomy you could bleed badly through the operation causing a Hysterectomy.I don't want to take the risk of losing my uterus . Ive a daughter ,36 years old , 37 in August and I do have a large fibro in my uterus . Even if I meet some one this year it and I was thinking of having a baby it be 2 or 3 years down the line but my then the fibro would be dangerous too big and would cause complications trying to get pregnant or being pregnant. But there is a chance after having uterine Artery Embolisation of having a baby . Some get lucky and others don't . It's about taking a chance and go with logic instead of heart .I know if you don't have kids it's a hard choice . If I didn't have my daughter it would be a really hard choice . Let me know what you think ? Sorry if I'm direct with my answer

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.