Fibroids or more sinister

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm afraid I've fallen in to the worried waiting for results category.

So, I have a history of fibroids, had removed previously but rejected hyserectomy as still wanted children.

In January I saw doc with complaints of almost constant pelvic pain, more to the sides than deep down.

I had an ultrasound/Transvaginal in January. Nurse said fibroids there (lots) and couldnt see ovaries and that I would prob need MRI.

Saw consultant 13th Feb, she did all sorts of tests including biopsy via vagina.

The got letter to go for pelvic MRI. Had that Thursday, awaiting results.

I have constant pain, fluctating in position and intensity. Bloated (visible) and loss of appetitie. Prescribed M-acid but not effective. Constipated more than usual. Some bleeding, bloody discharge between periods. Periods not as regular as previously, every 3 weeks not 4.

I'm wondering why this time I am being sent for so many more tests and what this could be?

Anyone had similar waiting experience? I know that only time will tell...

Thanks loveyl ladies (and guys, maybe)

x

1 like, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Gosh! You have been through the mill haven't you! It's good they are running all these tests - MRI is the best as it shows all the soft tissues as well as bone - and it was MRI that found my fibroid problems. I don't have any bleeding problems - but I can totally relate to constipation and bloating! I have awful back ache and this random pain at the front right lower abdomen - where my ovary and appendix used to be - so fibroids can cause absolute havoc - to be honest I thought I was starting with bowel cancer!. You should have your results within a week if they find something (thats how long it took mine to come through) or if they aren't so worried you will know in 2 weeks. It is really frustrating - because you know something is wrong - and you always fear the worst! I am waiting for a full abdominal hysterectomy and ovary removal - so thats my worry now ( but it's better coz I know what it is!) Unfortunately fibroids can grow again - even after removal (or so I have read) They are just a bunch of parasitic aliens - being hooligans and giving you pain! Hope all goes well for you - and you can get some answers and treatment! 

• Posted

How are you doing Karmaway? Have you got a definate date yet? I am hopefully finding out this week (had pre-op Friday - but it still could be 8 weeks away).
    • Posted

Helloooo! No not yet! Ugh! Pre op this Wednesday! How did yours go? Think you sent a date after the pre op! Hopefully not too long hey x
    • Posted

Well my heart is still ticking along - apparently I am alive :-D  took bloods and MRI swabs - blood pressure, height and weight, and medical history - although it was a bit quicker for me as I had surgery (unrelated) in the same hospital 2 years ago. Got a big old bruise where they did the vampire bit! Was told my notes would be back in Consultants office by Tuesday - and I could ring then - find out where I am on the list. You never know - some hospitals give you your date on pre-op (just not mine!)
    • Posted

Should have said MRSA swabs - got MRI on the brain - oooo maybe I have a fibroid there too :-D

• Posted

Update: Hi all. I called the medical sec earlier this week, she looked in to results (I had MRI on 9th March) and was told there is a 3 week backlog and I would prob see consultant in April. The today I got a letter asking me to go in on Wednesday. Pretty short notice and earlier than I thought. I have a trip I'm running at school on Wednesday but feel I need to find out what's going on...

I'm trying to think too much in to the much sooner than anticipated and at short notice appointment.....

I got a copy of my letter from clinic which stated uetrus was 16 week pregnancy size and hysterectomy would be difficult because of size of fibroids and my BMI being 31...no idea where they got that from, it's more like 35..

Hope you ladies are all doing well.....I felt 'at home' coming here to update. Thanks for listening x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.