Fibroids uterus

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am 5 weeks post abdominal myomectomy surgery, having this scratchy and itchy rash around the incision. And there is a little open wound taking forever to close. Anyone who is experiencing the same thing? I am worried sick...

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Andy, I would advice that you go and see your GP. I think the itching could be as a result of the wound healing, because up till now, I still scratch mine sometimes though I'm 3 months post myomectomy.

I had an opening on my incision which almost got infected, 4 weeks after surgery. Had to go to the GP and was administered antibiotics which helped with healing and closing up the wound very quickly.

I suggest you book an appointment with you go as soon as possible. So your wound doesn't get infected.

Sorry about the itching. I know you will be fine after. Xxx

• Posted

Thank You Eveuka. I will make an appointment to the doctor. Xxx
  • Posted

Does not sound good. My wounds were sealed on the outside by the time the band aids and stitches came off on day 6. I don't know what the expectation is though. You should see your doc.

• Posted

Hi,

I had this - I am now 13 weeks post op, and a few weeks after my op, the right side of my incision looked more open - and I was itching like mad, and then the rash appeared. I put it down to itching in the numb part and because it was numb I wasn't realising how hard I was itching.. but it does go -

I was told to keep it cool, and don't let it get warm/hot to avoid irritation.  The incision closed in the end, took a little longer than the rest of the incision but it closed wonderfully.

So try not to worry, that's all I did at the time, but when I went to see someone they told me everything was fine, and that's just signs that its healing smile

• Posted

Hey thank you for the response.. the rash is gone..one more question,please advice, what did you use to keep the open area on the incision clean.. i dont want to make mistakes.please help

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.