Fibromyalgia

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have had Fibromyalgia for 4 years now. I have a superb doctor who has been there for me for a number of years.

Fibromyalgia is a debilitating disease and unfortunately is life long with no cure.

Pregabalin tablets are good for the nerve pain that is experienced with Fibromyalgia, along with Duloxetine, MST.

I find that they help with the pain.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Four years ago when I were diagnosed, the Rheumy put me on Pregabalin....They were great for about six months and then the side effects kicked in. Sluring speech,saying the wrong words,dizzy, felt sick, head felt as if it was going to explode, and worst of all feeling drunk..asked dr to take me off them, he said put up with them as the side effects will go...They never did..So I weaned myself off them, did it slowly...Never again will I have them..
    • Posted

Hi Anne, 

I was the same as you on Pregabalin, I began on 75mg a day which is a small amount compared to what some people are on. I was fine for about 3 months, then the dizzyness, mumbling madness, wobbleness & the feeling of fainting took over. This made my life hell as it was making me have very bad anxiety attacks...which I've never experienced before & were pretty scary. 

I came off the pregabalin, & got put on amitriptilin, but that really didn't agree with me. So my Dr decided we would try the pregabalin again, but start on 25mg & then if I needed more during the day, then I could do so. It was the best thing I did, as I am stilli on it now, a year after changing the dose with no side effects at all.

• Posted

Great, glad they are suiting you now. I am on Oramorph and have been for 2 years. But never bothering to read the leaflet, and after all that time my husband read it two weeks ago. To discover, if you have an Under active Thyroid...Do Not Take... I am awaiting my visit to the dr next week, and will be asking questions..
  • Posted

I had duloxetine 60mgs. Great for 8 weeks then collapsed several times with nasty side effects, 2 ambulance journeys, spent 6 days in hospital and 9 weeks off work. I'll stick with tramadol, thank you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.